Strange noise and clunk at highway speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunter031789

Reaction score
UPDATE: changed the IWE check valve assy this evening, and it seems as though my issue is fixed. Thanks for the info everyone.
Thanks for putting your experience and description of the sound on here! I have the exact same issue, super sporadic when driving on the highway but I ordered the check valve assembly and will replace tomorrow when it arrives. On previous F150s the IWE solenoid would get water intrusion due to its location on the firewall, do these 2nd Gens have a similar issue or is this problem confined to the IWE check valve only?

OP
OP
PTobias

PTobias

Reaction score
my IWE Solenoid appeared to be bone dry - did not look like water or anything got into it. it was just dry and dusty

hunter031789

Reaction score
Well it has been about a week since I installed the new check valve assembly and I've driven several hours at highway speeds where I have previously heard the noise several times and have not yet heard it again. Thanks again to all the forum members who help us diagnose and fix issues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter