Rear suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already cut the dampening weight out. It was rattling, but eliminated that already.

Knock off go-pro. Amazon special. Camera + magnet was less than $75.

You know how people say: kid’s worse than a red headed step kid? I’ve got one of those. 16 going on 30 and thinks he knows it all.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Just to eliminate the driveshaft clunk I would lube the yoke, quick and easy and one less possibility. You can never go wrong with a little extra lube down there.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yolk was installed Tuesday. Changed from Chrome Molly to oem. DS is from axle exchange. Yolk was lubed with white lithium grease

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one video. At around 14 seconds I heard the noise just a little in the cab. Please ignore the mud. I got ole girl stuck in a pasture last weekend pulling out a trailer loaded with wood. Spent an hour at the car wash. I got stuck with trailer hooked up. Unhooked trailer and got out on Raptor power. Then took a tractor back and got the trailer on solid ground.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a 2nd video. Nothing too notable here. Anything I should focus the camera on? I’ll try to get more when I leave work this evening.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s another link. The audio sucks. I guess the microphone was getting pummeled by the wind. Lesson learned. I tried to honk when I could hear the clink. You can catch a honk the last 15 seconds or so. Lighting sucks as well.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So one thing that has me scratching my head. The shop that installed the Deaver +3’s with sdhq strike plates, they left the top portion of factory bump stops on. It almost looks like that could be colliding with strike plate.

I’ll get a better angle tomorrow and confirm or deny if they are hitting.