Fox 3.0 rear noise…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
apollo90

apollo90

Reaction score
So interesting update. The shock top hats are contacting the shock mount on droop. And not like a little bit — it’s damaging the top hats. I did not think it would be necessary to trim the shock mounts to fit these. Anyone else experience this?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about these shocks? I’m kinda slow, so I’m not understanding what you are saying. It looks like my one front shock has hit the top hat enough to rub the anodizing off a little, but that would be during compression. And I don’t see how the rear shocks can hit the mount unless the bolt or stainless steel bushings were very worn out.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 23

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about these shocks? I’m kinda slow, so I’m not understanding what you are saying. It looks like my one front shock has hit the top hat enough to rub the anodizing off a little, but that would be during compression. And I don’t see how the rear shocks can hit the mount unless the bolt or stainless steel bushings were very worn out.
he's got a gen1, so unless they are on backwards, i dont really understand either...

pics would help

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he's got a gen1, so unless they are on backwards, i dont really understand either...

pics would help
Ah ha, hopefully he posts pics. I’m still baffled that it’s the rear shocks. I know before I changed my shocks when ever I put the truck in reverse, there would be an ever so slight rocking motion, like if the rear end was rotating in the u bolts. My only guess is slight wear in the shock bushing and bolt. It basically went away with the new shocks as those bushings are pretty rigid, but honestly, I don’t know exactly. I never really worried about it as I couldn’t discern any major wear by rocking the shock body on the bolt. And I’ve never heard any clicking from new shocks

OP
OP
apollo90

apollo90

Reaction score
I will get better pics tomorrow. Also I will add that since increasing nitro charge from 200 psi to 225 psi, overall feel is hugely improved and I feel like snap/pop is reduced in frequency and intensity.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, those shocks have the bypass tubes, so different than mine. I still say it can’t hit there unless the bolt/ bushing is worn. My bushings had stainless steel inserts, are those steel or rubber. Maybe they went to the steel inserts to counteract that issue, IDK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter