Getting tired of the Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falconer

Reaction score
I understand there are other threads about this.

I am looking for feedback on an alternative option to arguing with the dealers about this. I have the clunk. Multiple dealers say its normal. It is not normal. It is ridiculous. I like everything else about his truck. I am willing to pay to fix it.

Option 1 is the Live Valve Race 3.0 system. Who has done it? What is your experience? Is the ride firmer, softer, more or less of something? Those who have converted over, please share!!

Option 2: Has anyone had experience with have the factory Fox Shocks looked at by a rebuilder? I know it is a popular thing in powersports. Is there a shop that works on these shocks and can fix the clunk?

Any other options?
I have my Gen 3 in with the dealer now addressing the clunking Waiting to hear back from them. I have the KG custom package. 8,000 miles on it now and it's been doing it for awhile. I took the rear shocks off and had them looked at. They were both leaking so I had them rebuilt. It did not take care of the problem. If have get on the rear bumper and jump up and down you can hear the noise (clunking). As well as when you are driving 20 to 40 miles an hour. I will let you know what the dealer says.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have my Gen 3 in with the dealer now addressing the clunking Waiting to hear back from them. I have the KG custom package. 8,000 miles on it now and it's been doing it for awhile. I took the rear shocks off and had them looked at. They were both leaking so I had them rebuilt. It did not take care of the problem. If have get on the rear bumper and jump up and down you can hear the noise (clunking). As well as when you are driving 20 to 40 miles an hour. I will let you know what the dealer says.
What is the “KG Custom” package?

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
KG (Ken Grody) is here in San Diego...They add lift springs, paint match fenders, tires, wheels, Whipple super charger. Some of the trucks also have Amp Research steps and ADD bumpers and lights added. I think you can pick and choose how much is done to each truck. Then they sell them 40-60K above MSRP. It is very similar to what the guy in Georgia does.....Wildwilles Customs.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ummmm... What?!...
lol exactly. This dealership preys on customers who want a raptor but know nothing about trucks or offroading. During the pandemic when I was first shopping for a Gen 2, every other dealership was coming $4-$6k below MSRP and these guys still were holding at $5k over. They had 30 gen 2's on the lot too.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol exactly. This dealership preys on customers who want a raptor but know nothing about trucks or offroading. During the pandemic when I was first shopping for a Gen 2, every other dealership was coming $4-$6k below MSRP and these guys still were holding at $5k over. They had 30 gen 2's on the lot too.
So they slapped a supercharger on a turbo vehicle? Very interesting. It was more than likely a coyote with a lift to make it look like a Raptor.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea i'm not arguing that it exists, its just adding nonsense onto vehicles and charging a premium. Similar to the Roush packages. Roush was an engine performance company but the raptor packages just have new side steps and cosmetic additions that make it $100k truck.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump up an older thread.

OP - any feedback from folks on the 3.0 system ride quality? And have you heard anything about aftermarket rebuilds solving the problem?

I'm trying to avoid the whole dealership process if possible.

Thanks!