Has anyone tried a behind the seat Subwoofer from Mobile Toys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I spoke with Adam Pate on Saturday about the options and the type of music I listen too. Originally I was going to do the single 12 or maybe the 13.5. After talking to Adam I decided on two JL 10TW3s behind the seat in a sealed box. I will post the results when it arrives.

I’m interested in the results too.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the subwoofer this last Thursday and it looks well built. It fits nice and is loaded with two JL 10tw3s. I am still playing around with it. I removed the liner on the back wall and sound deadened the back. I set the subwoofer in place with out the liner for now. I think I may be able to get it to fit with the liner but it will be tight. I will need to spend some time fitting.
I am powering the sub with 500W from a Alpine PDX-V9, witch I was told would work fine but 1000W is ideal. FWI
With out even tuning it sounds much better. I listen to a wide range of music and the two 10s seem to work well. The base is punchy and not boomy and I am still using my original sound processor settings. I hope to play around with it and do some tuning this weekend.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy", but may I be so gauche as to ask how much that ran you? TIA.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is with the two JL 10s and shipping. 12s are also an option.

I re-purposed the factory Ford Kicker top bracket to help hold the box against the real wall. It worked great. It did require drilling two new mounting holes, one inch lower on the bracket.

I will need to take some more photos. I have a before install pic just sitting on the box it was shipped in.