eBay Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
Can you tell us what bolts we need?

I used some M6-1.00 bolts for the blowoff valve and they threaded in perfectly.

IMG_2505.jpeg
For the drain plug I used a M12-1.75 drain plug from Auto Zone. The hole was tapered or not threaded fully so I ran an M12-1.75 tap through it. There may be some other specialty bolt/thread pitch that it was made for but a 12-1.75 treaded in about 2 full turns and then stopped. Rather than spending unessisary time firguring out exactly what the thread pitch was I just tapped it and the plug fits great and tight.
IMG_2529.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
I had an opportunity yesterday evening to install the intercooler and I took it. Didnt have the time to learn how to data log and do test runs before and after. Between my 2 year old and both the wife and I working full time I am lucky I got the chance to install it.

My cobb tuner shows about 4 different air temps available, Intake Air, Comp Inlet, Comp Outlet, etc.... Anyone know exactly which air temps I should look at to see if this thing is cooling like it should? I installed the COBB stage 2 tune and it is definitely faster, couldnt tell you if the intercooler helped or not.

Here are some install pictures and comparison pictures with the stock intercooler.

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

Last edited:

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the last one! [emoji56]

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats definitely pretty cheap for a intercooler, I've always been hesitant about ordering any performance parts for vehicles off eBay. Hope they work out good for you boys. I can notice quite a difference in construction tho compared to a high quality intercooler from say Whipple, Garrett, Full Race or SVC. Especially in welding. I'm looking forward to seeing your results tho

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can notice quite a difference in construction tho compared to a high quality intercooler from say Whipple, Garrett, Full Race or SVC. Especially in welding. I'm looking forward to seeing your results tho

Agreed, and I’m not naive about that. The difference in price however is big enough to give it a try.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.