Ebay intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected I don't know why I had IATs in my head when I typed that. I am gonna play around with the Torque Pro app and see what it monitors. I will edit my original post.
What youre thinkin is IAT2s, which are also the charge temps

sc85fiero

Reaction score
What youre thinkin is IAT2s, which are also the charge temps
Not quite the same, the IAT2 is built in to the MAP sensor, located at the back of the intake manifold. It measures air temperature after the charge air cooler sure, but its also after the throttle so there is some cooling effect after going through an air flow restriction so its not a great measure for charged air temperature or the effect of a different intercooler.

-Joe

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite the same, the IAT2 is built in to the MAP sensor, located at the back of the intake manifold. It measures air temperature after the charge air cooler sure, but its also after the throttle so there is some cooling effect after going through an air flow restriction so its not a great measure for charged air temperature or the effect of a different intercooler.

-Joe
interesting, always thought they were the same, thanks for clarifying.

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
Well I can only measure and log a certain amount of parameters using the Torque app. I set it up last night to log IAT2 & charge air temp. So I just went outside and did a short log with the truck ideling and it seems it can't measure charge air temp it was worth a shot.

Last edited:

LeadFootSFL

Reaction score
Random question about the torque app, is it still available and what OBD adapter are you using to get the data from the truck? iphone or android?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter