180000 mile 2017 raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just snatched a 2017 from ebay with 180k on the clock!
$27,800 Shipped (Facebook buy/sell raptor group trolls trying to get 35-45k for 150k+ mile trucks)
Its a single owner 802A that spent its entire life in Texas being delivered to NY tomorrow
Truck looks like it rolled off the show room floor, and has all service records.
I called the dealership it was bought from and maintained its entire life to confirm all work was done.
The major fixes:
New Engine replaced at 58k in 2019
All 4 phasers done in late 2022 and 1 cat done at the same time
If it weren't for a new engine and the phasers just being replaced, and the impeccable service records I wouldn't have touched it.

View attachment 446801
Thats great. When mine gets sold it will be a high mileage , 1 owner well maintained.

Id love to hear the service history for that othetr 180k mile raptor on ebay as well , besides the phasers.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am always surprised about you, guys, who are astonished by what you call "high mileage ". You are accustomed by long trip with big bloc engine, so , what is amazing ???
Here, in Europe , it's very common to have car with original engine with more than 250K miles , usually on small diesel engine, and it is only at this mileage that we consider it 's begin to do a lot !

Relax men, drive and enjoy !

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the high mileage thing comes in to play because nearly every single car Ive ever owned after 100-120K miles starts to have parts just fail. Not really the fault of the vehicle, just that yeah after 10 years and 120K things like the radiator, alternator, AC, various bushings, sensors and belts need to be replaced or serviced. There are two opinions on it, trouble free mileage and how many miles you can actually go before its costing 1000 bucks a month in repairs. Ideally one would thread the needle, I've never understood people spending easily a car payment every month keeping a car on the road. Once a vehicle has a whiff of leaving me stranded or being a couple weekends a month project of fooling around with it, I'm out. Maybe Ive just been unlucky, some cars sure can go an easy 300K with only a few thousand in repairs.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
180k can be many different things, its really a case by case basis. I'd avoid if its been beaten and not serviced well, however if taken care of there is still likely tons of life left. Just may have to do some minor repairs that pop up. There are many high mileage ecoboosts out there.

Anecdotal, but I have a 265k VW beater that I would have no concern driving cross country because I have maintained it well. But I previously had 2 different GM vehicles that were pretty much falling apart around 100k, something new every couple months, even with quality maintenance. So never again.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am always surprised about you, guys, who are astonished by what you call "high mileage ". You are accustomed by long trip with big bloc engine, so , what is amazing ???
Here, in Europe , it's very common to have car with original engine with more than 250K miles , usually on small diesel engine, and it is only at this mileage that we consider it 's begin to do a lot !

Relax men, drive and enjoy !

FRF members of a certain vintage are still scarred by 70/80s american cars that turned into a hot mess as they approached 100k.

Granelli

Reaction score
There was a white 17 in the carmel ca area for sale with 250k+ a month or two ago. I'm just about to hit 120k on an 18. Stage 2 since 50k miles. It had phasers and the software update, a water pump, front wheel hubs, and the drivers seat cushion is flattened out. I'll throw a new longblock in if it ever blows up, great truck

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
180K is encouraging. My 17 is at 73K miles and getting a new transmission under warranty after a bunch of harsh shifting services over the past few years and torque converter. How much more life do you guys think I’ll be able to add to my 17 with a new transmission?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
180K is encouraging. My 17 is at 73K miles and getting a new transmission under warranty after a bunch of harsh shifting services over the past few years and torque converter. How much more life do you guys think I’ll be able to add to my 17 with a new transmission?
Im curuious, they are just giving you a new trans for harsh shitfting?

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im curuious, they are just giving you a new trans for harsh shitfting?
I think the root cause was the torque converter but don't have the specifics. My transmission has been in and out of the shop 2-3x per year over the past 3-4 years do to various issues. Multiple TSB's for PCM resets and dealer keeping my truck for sometimes 3 weeks to make sure it shifts smooth. Once I get it back, I have no problems then around 3-4 months later when I put the car from P or R to D, it slams into gear and the gravy train starts all over again and the symptoms will start to appear while driving at lower to medium speeds. Had one instance when I was highway driving and it shifted really hard and scared the crap out of me. Been super frustrating to deal with over the years and I'm glad Ford finally approved this replacement. I do have an 8yr/100K extended warranty that I purchased from Flood Ford which, to me, is an absolute necessity.