Ebay intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
I am sure I will catch some heat for this but for the price I thought why not. I read a post on a Raptor Facebook page where a member posted an Ebay inter cooler he purchased. I looked up the inter cooler and compared it online looking at pictures of other inter coolers and this one seems to be an exact match for the Injen inter cooler costing any where from $513.43 - $764.95. The Ebay inter cooler cost $179.76 shipped and showed up in 3 days. I am going to keep track of my charge air temp for a week with the stock inter cooler in place and when I install the Ebay inter cooler I will do the same. I am going to attempt to use the Torque Pro app which I am hoping has this feature. One factor I will not have control of is outside temp. I figured I will take a pic half way through my commute going to work around 2PM which right now here in FL will be close to the hottest time of the day. I will also take a pic half way home where the outside temp should be cooler.

Attachments

• intercooler_1.jpg
    intercooler_1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 30
  • intercooler_2.jpg
    intercooler_2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 28
  • intercooler_3.jpg
    intercooler_3.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 29
  • intercooler_4.jpg
    intercooler_4.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 30
  • intercooler_5.jpg
    intercooler_5.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
More pics

Attachments

• intercooler_6.jpg
    intercooler_6.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 14
  • intercooler_7.jpg
    intercooler_7.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 14
  • intercooler_8.jpg
    intercooler_8.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 16
  • intercooler_9.jpg
    intercooler_9.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 15
  • intercooler_10.jpg
    intercooler_10.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 15

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be fine - it is most certainly chinese made, but hey it is bar and plate with metal end tanks...

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Should be fine - it is most certainly chinese made, but hey it is bar and plate with metal end tanks...
Agreed. There was a 10 page discussion similar to this back in 2019 on here. At that time, someone had found a Mishimoto clone for cheap. Guess it is Injen's turn right now.

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
Don't worry about the ambients matching just keep track of them too, it's the delta between ambient and IAT so keep track of both IAT and ambient.
I figured if I keep track of the charge air temp and outside temp and see what the differences are that should let me know how many degrees it drops the temp correct?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
IAT is the temperature sensor for incoming air it will not change with an intercooler, the charge air cooler has its own air temperature sensor. Depending on your reader it may be called charge air temperature or charge air cooler temperature sensor.

-Joe
I stand corrected I don't know why I had IATs in my head when I typed that. I am gonna play around with the Torque Pro app and see what it monitors. I will edit my original post.