eBay Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too cheap to pass up. Especially since I’ve proven they’re Mishimoto units. Probably off spec because of the blow off valve mounting holes. Easily fixed by making your own bracket.

I don’t think that’s why. It’s more likely an internal issue with flow or external fin fit/finish or minor damage. Either way, can’t beat it at all for the price

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were sold out. However 5, for same price, appear to be available again. Link above is still good.

Mine should be here in a few days! [emoji320]

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

Cole12582

Reaction score
Just ordered mine.
-tried the discount code but it didn’t work. Did click on the coupon tab and saved $5

Cody91tt

Reaction score
Not to spoil the party here guys, but China likes to do their R&D (rip off and duplicate) by using other brands components, deconstructing them and pop off parts from those moulds— The part number from Mishimoto is obv part of this casting pour and therefore on the eBay part. Shocker, I know.

I have owned mfg co’s in the automotive sector and in another so I’m just passing on caution when considering this information as fact.

Regardless, both of these intercoolers are absolutely made in China; with one costing more and having more QC than the other. Choose on budget and power for sure, but do so at risk to your engine and what it may be ingesting over time when these components fail or break apart.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly like my days of BMW N54 tuning
First intercoolers were ridiculous priced. As time went by Someone did a side by side comparison of a $1200 Active Autowerke IC and a $100 eBay godspeed brand and they were nearly identical.
Intercoolers should not cost anywhere close to some of these Raptor ones.

Eventually VRSF comes along and made tremendous intercoolers for about $400

Hm.. An alternative middle ground between the "other guys" with the proven quality of the big guys, you say? The only thing the big guys have that we don't are huge marketing budgets that require huge price tags. :)

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...ercooler-2015-f-150-raptor-2-7l-3-5l-ecoboost

q4q1VtJ.jpg

Last edited:

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in this thread that gave me the impression that the buyers (me included) were not already aware of the considerations when buying from China.

In this case .... Copy? Knockoff? B-Grade? Stolen? Only the seller will know for sure.

Personally (I am not sure that I’m right but think it’s a relatively safe bet) believe that these non mechanic (as is no moving) parts are less risky than a mechanic part like a turbo, valve mechanism or such. I will pressure test the cooler and inspect it with a bore scope.
Again, I’m willing to give it a try. Note that I said less risky, not no risk. Each should decide for themselves.

Nonetheless... much appreciate the note for caution.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

Motobuddy

Reaction score
Yes. It did not come with any hardware so I had to buy a drain plug, bolts to hold the factory blow off valve and some aluminum to make a bracket. I also ordered some weather striping off amazon for the front of the intercooler like the Mishimoto.

Do you have a ASIN or link for the weather stripping, I just couldn't resist anymore and ordered one. I want to start getting the install kit together while I wait. Thank you for posting the bolt information.

sdgros01

Reaction score
I’m picking up a daily driver to ford since everyone in the plant has found out the raptor is mine, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one as well. We are In launch so if my one off day is taken away I’m not without transport if something goes array. I’m anxious to see some real world results, at the price point I figure you can easily recoup the money with other f150 owners and with no modification to the existing structure of our raptors it’s worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motobuddy

Reaction score
Well bad news, I ordered yesterday and got this message just a moment ago.

"Dear buyer

Thanks for your order, glad to contact you here.
We are so sorry, the item now out of the stock , the quality of the new lots can´t pass the quality control , we have return to the factory , it will be available after 3 months.If you could wait will be highly appreciated.
AS soon as we get it , we will send to you immediately .
If you have any other good idea, we will try best to satisfied with you .
We are so sorry for all the inconvenience. sincerely apologize to you .
Waiting for your kind reply .

best regards
Anney"

Has anyone tried the other vendors?