Now Obsolete: IWE vacuum line assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ-Rich

Reaction score
Ok, I diagnosed the cause of some low speed rotational noise as likely related to the IWE actuators not receiving sufficient vacuum. My 2010 has just 70k but being in AZ the excessive heat ruins plastics over time. I had just had a complete shock rebuild done and while replacing the fronts I must have disturbed the IWE vacuum lines stretching across the upper shock mounts. Didn't realize just how brittle those rigid lines had become. The actuators were vacuum tested and they are fine as was the solenoid. So, I needed to find a IWE vacuum line assembly replacement for the fix. Well, no surprise the dealer parts dept checked and that assembly is "obsolete" with no replacements available. Best they could suggest tas to look at eBay or some other online source for one. Nope I, did that quite thoroughly and nothing out there was available except one on Bay for $160 in Abu Dabi! The assemblies are specific to the year and looks like Im out of luck. Im wondering what others have done to replace theirs? Any suggestions? I imagine I will need to completely copy the OEM vacuum assembly using 1/8th ID high temp vacuum lines, new connectors and clips.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced most of mine with new hose.
Used some of the rubber ends closest to the wheels.
Mostly zip tied along the frame.
Did a couple of my Expeditions similarly before too.
Cheap and easy once I got under the truck and saw what was involved.

Also...this is in the 2022 "R" sub-forum...
???

OP
OP
AZ-Rich

AZ-Rich

Reaction score
Thanks, I wish to keep my iwe system operational and suspected that the short of recreating it with copper or copper nickel brake lines, going with new vacuum tubing, Tees and zip clips would be a logical fix. I’m glad to hear that others have done it this way with success. I agree the rubber drop down segments to the accuators should be fine and reusable. With the long runs of exposed vacum tubing is there any concern about added protection like enclosing it in a sheath or other?

OP
OP
AZ-Rich

AZ-Rich

Reaction score
Thanks, I wish to keep my iwe system operational and suspected that short of recreating it with copper or copper nickel brake lines, going with new vacuum tubing, Tees and zip clips would be a logical fix. I’m glad to hear that others have done it this way with success. I agree the rubber drop down segments to the accuators should be fine and reusable. With the long runs of exposed vacum tubing is there any concern about added protection like enclosing it in a sheath or other

OP
OP
AZ-Rich

AZ-Rich

Reaction score
As it worked out, my neighbor is the Director of Parts for all the dealerships in my area, and he confirmed none of the original OEM vacum line assembly AL3Z-7A785-E for 2010’s were available anywhere. He said their service techs have had to make alterations to the vacuum tube assembly from later models as a fix. So I got a BL3Z-7A785-A which essentially fit as far as all the pre bent sections but some of the zip clips on it were either not the right shape (rectangular) or were not in the exact place to snap into the existing holes. After removing those clips and replacing with the right clips in the right locations it was pretty easy to snap the new line into place. The only places where it appeared to need some added stretch were the very last bend where the rubber lines to the hubs are connected to the rigid tubing. Took me an hour or so to complete and it fixed the rotational noise issue.