eBay Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
So it arrived, packed decently without any damage I can see of. It looks as though the fins are staggered and a pretty high quality core. This is definitely a factory Mishimoto intercooler, I would say that it is probably factory seconds. They must take ones with cosmetic imperfections, grind off the raised "M" on the side of the end tanks and wholesale them off. You do not get any hardware, brackets, or the weather stripping that is on the Mishimoto intercooler either. I am fine with that though, I can make due for a savings of $600.

IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpeg
IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2486.jpeg

Last edited:

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does someone have a close up of Mishimoto core? I am sure it will work but other brands might cool a little better and be of better quality so no leaks down the road and so on. I cracked welds on an intake manifold under a lot of heat cycles and boost before on my car so it can happen. Might be same one but they clean it up a lot. This one looks a lot more rough even the fins look dirty. I’m ordering an N gauge and tune Monday maybe it can monitor iats and we can compare?

Last edited:

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found these of mine before I installed it. Looking at the welds I believe they make it to replicate this one but it’s actually a different core. Read APR article same deal but would love to compare results.

1DA2D68C-3C06-4665-A07C-BEB7B8727613.jpeg

234266A9-D423-408C-80E1-00F732F01C89.jpeg

B83C8C27-1DB1-43DF-88DD-AEB70783E4F4.jpeg

53A56900-BE3C-4FC3-9EEB-B5B88544370F.jpeg

OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
Here is a comparison picture of the eBay intercooler vs the Mishimoto. The photo of the Mishimoto is the best one I could find with a close up of the core. I tried to get a shot of mine at the same angle to get a good comparison. Mishimoto either uses paint or a powder coating finish on their product. I would think that doing that would act as an insulator and reduce the heat transfer.

If you look at the pictures below I would say 100% the ones being sold on eBay are Mishimoto intercoolers, just not the first line ones. If you can point out any glaring differences other than the Mishimoto is powder coated please enlighten me.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 6.39.58 PM.png

IMG_2495.jpeg

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mishimoto has coating on everything but the fins for sure. Hard to say for sure without good close side x side pics of everything. Garrett core looks better but went with this one cause of the rubber seal around it and got the piping kit also but didn’t install them yet only the ic. I should of did a before and after on the iat’s to test but see if you feel big power difference I did for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
Mishimoto has coating on everything but the fins for sure. Hard to say for sure without good close side x side pics of everything. Garrett core looks better but went with this one cause of the rubber seal around it and got the piping kit also but didn’t install yet then yet only the ic. I should of did a before and after on the iat’s to test but see if you feel big power difference I did for sure.

You should just remove the Mishimoto and put the stock back on so you can compare the differeance ;).

I have a COBB tuner and access to an airport runway. I could do high speed runs back to back to try and get them both heat soaked and see how the stock compares to the eBay intercooler.

Anyone have a suggestion of the best parameters to data log for the comparison?

Last edited:

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam you have runway access that is awesome. I was thinking that too as the install isn’t too bad or find someone else local to compare.

sdgros01

Reaction score
You should just remove the Mishimoto and put the stock back on so you can compare the differeance ;).

I have a COBB tuner and access to an airport runway. I could do high speed runs back to back to try and get them both heat soaked and see how the stock compares to the eBay intercooler.

Anyone have a suggestion of the best parameters to data log for the comparison?

Which eBay seller was yours through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk