Do you think I need to pay ‘mechanical breakdown agreement’?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I financed through Desert Financial in AZ and they offered a great extended warranty. 7 years 120k miles that covers everything with no deductible for $2k. There are deals on extended warranties out there so cancel those contracts and shop around.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any dealer that charges you a fee for filling out the paper work to sell you a vehicle (they by law have to fill out the paper work) you need to run away from that dealer it's the garbage fee dealers add on to up profits. If the guy filling out the paper really gets 500.00 for that it takes 15 minutes or less to fill out paper work that's 2000.00 per hour and at 8 hours that's 16000.00 dollars a day .. yay you been fu ck ed buckoo

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any dealer that charges you a fee for filling out the paper work to sell you a vehicle (they by law have to fill out the paper work) you need to run away from that dealer it's the garbage fee dealers add on to up profits. If the guy filling out the paper really gets 500.00 for that it takes 15 minutes or less to fill out paper work that's 2000.00 per hour and at 8 hours that's 16000.00 dollars a day .. yay you been fu ck ed buckoo

I work in dealers. What you don’t see is as a customer is the entire business office with a small army of clerks who handle all the paperwork you and the finance guy fill out. They do the title paperwork, financing paperwork, etc. if there are 8 people earning $50K each the dealer has a $400K overhead for those paperwork clerks plus probably another $50K in benefits. There is also overhead for that office space. The average dealer doc fee in AZ is $500. For a dealer selling 250 cars per month they collect $1.5M in fees to a direct cost of probably $600K. There is also the web photographer, detail staff, porters, and other personnel to pay for. Consulting services like mine are another fixed cost. There is some profit in it, but those fees aren’t pure profit as you describe.

Back in the day when most people payed close to MSRP these fees weren’t as necessary. When you are looking for deals at invoice minus holdback there isn’t much on the table, dealers got to eat too. Generally it’s not too hard to get to invoice or close, but I’ve found it’s easier to get more off the car then it is to take off the dealer doc fee.

OP
OP
D

Dongkwan Shin

Reaction score
I know right! I feel like this is my first car buying experience. That’s why I am even more frustrated by dealer that made me feel this way. Even though I am the one who should be responsible for what I signed.

I went dealership to cancel 1. Ford Maintenance 2. Mechanical breakdown agreement which is Ford ESP. I was told that I can’t cancel 1. but 2. Still my monthly payment will be same till it meets new balance after $9,000 off from original. I did not cancel them yet. These are service fee and kind of insurance that I don’t mind to pay if I get right customer service.

On top of these I still have thing that I am dealing with dealer. 37’ tires, wheels and RPG leveling kit with $8,000 plus $1,900 worth of credit total $9,900.

I left bad review about not being clear and dishonesty. There was a owner’s response that ask me call or email. I’ve called 3 times left message once. I haven’t heard anything yet. I am going to email him to see what response I get.

It sounds like I complain a lot or every thing. Not really, I do have business that I make revenue. I understand that they do same but being honest is my core attitude that I thought they would. I teach people with responsibility and honesty that I treat others same way. I learned that I should not be this way with car dealership.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to consult an attorney. Cancel both plans and buy identical plans elsewhere for $10K less. The $6K maintenance plan is double the cost it should be. As for the accessories, I would pay the folks at SDHQ an hour of labor to inspect the truck and put in writing that the mods will damage the vehicle because of the tire size and wheel offset. If you have something in writing that says the dealer did it wrong then you’ve got a much stronger case to get the truck back to stock and put the stock beadlock ready wheels and tires back on and get your $8K back. The best solution might be to unwind the entire deal and go find a different truck from a dealer not full of thieves.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I know right! I feel like this is my first car buying experience. That’s why I am even more frustrated by dealer that made me feel this way. Even though I am the one who should be responsible for what I signed.

I went dealership to cancel 1. Ford Maintenance 2. Mechanical breakdown agreement which is Ford ESP. I was told that I can’t cancel 1. but 2. Still my monthly payment will be same till it meets new balance after $9,000 off from original. I did not cancel them yet. These are service fee and kind of insurance that I don’t mind to pay if I get right customer service.

On top of these I still have thing that I am dealing with dealer. 37’ tires, wheels and RPG leveling kit with $8,000 plus $1,900 worth of credit total $9,900.

I left bad review about not being clear and dishonesty. There was a owner’s response that ask me call or email. I’ve called 3 times left message once. I haven’t heard anything yet. I am going to email him to see what response I get.

It sounds like I complain a lot or every thing. Not really, I do have business that I make revenue. I understand that they do same but being honest is my core attitude that I thought they would. I teach people with responsibility and honesty that I treat others same way. I learned that I should not be this way with car dealership.

Please post a picture of the beast. We need to see it.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like collars up front and nothing in the rear. Nice of them to hack off parts to prevent rubbing. Time to go jump it, destroy the fenders, then take it back for repair.