Do you think I need to pay ‘mechanical breakdown agreement’?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know right! I feel like this is my first car buying experience. That’s why I am even more frustrated by dealer that made me feel this way. Even though I am the one who should be responsible for what I signed.

I went dealership to cancel 1. Ford Maintenance 2. Mechanical breakdown agreement which is Ford ESP. I was told that I can’t cancel 1. but 2. Still my monthly payment will be same till it meets new balance after $9,000 off from original. I did not cancel them yet. These are service fee and kind of insurance that I don’t mind to pay if I get right customer service.

On top of these I still have thing that I am dealing with dealer. 37’ tires, wheels and RPG leveling kit with $8,000 plus $1,900 worth of credit total $9,900.

I left bad review about not being clear and dishonesty. There was a owner’s response that ask me call or email. I’ve called 3 times left message once. I haven’t heard anything yet. I am going to email him to see what response I get.

It sounds like I complain a lot or every thing. Not really, I do have business that I make revenue. I understand that they do same but being honest is my core attitude that I thought they would. I teach people with responsibility and honesty that I treat others same way. I learned that I should not be this way with car dealership.

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Some people have no morals; it's unfortunate.

Ford (corporate) provides the Maintenance and Ford Protect (ESP) coverage; however, the dealers can mark up the price as much as they'd like, similarly to how they can ask above MSRP for a vehicle. It sounds like the dealer told you that you can't cancel either plan?

Something else to consider is how the dealer presented the add-on equipment/aftermarket options. If the dealer at any point stated or inferred that the options you signed off on were Ford supported, Ford supplied, or were approved by Ford for warranty coverage, they committed fraud. At that point you would need a lawyer unfortunately, and as much as I hate them, they can sometimes be a necessary evil.

dc1gator

Reaction score
What I learned from all this:

Best to buy a prior owned Raptor

Happy that I don't live in AZ.

MY Raptor is a 2017 decked out 802A
With 32K miles when purchased. Appears to have never been off road. Interior/exterior like new.

$500.00 state sales tax

$541.93 monthly for 60 months (traded a 2918 XLT 5.0 about a year ago . Financed $30K

Flood Ford Warranty to 75K miles/6 years $100.00 deductible for about $1020.00 (great deal).

Five Star Tune 87 Daily, 87 performance, 89 Daily, 89 performance 91 daily, 91 performance, Ntune gage. Believe it or not, 87 performance is pretty stout. 91 performance is wild. I normally run 87 daily.

40K miles on it now and I have never found anything wrong with it. Best truck I have ever owned. Love it!

The finance manager offered me extended warranty plan which I declined. Someone on this site recommended Flood Ford. Thanks to whomever that was.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With 32K miles when purchased. Appears to have never been off road. Interior/exterior like new.

$500.00 state sales tax

$541.93 monthly for 60 months (traded a 2918 XLT 5.0 about a year ago . Financed $30K

Flood Ford Warranty to 75K miles/6 years $100.00 deductible for about $1020.00 (great deal).

Five Star Tune 87 Daily, 87 performance, 89 Daily, 89 performance 91 daily, 91 performance, Ntune gage. Believe it or not, 87 performance is pretty stout. 91 performance is wild. I normally run 87 daily.

40K miles on it now and I have never found anything wrong with it. Best truck I have ever owned. Love it!

The finance manager offered me extended warranty plan which I declined. Someone on this site recommended Flood Ford. Thanks to whomever that was.

If you do your homework ahead of time then I would never buy used when the depreciation is so low. It's one of the only vehicles that you can say that about.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$500.00 state sales tax

Not paying 9% sales tax ($5672 on my $63K truck) and vehicle license tax that will total over $5K in 8 years would be nice, but it seems like each state has it's crappy part. Could be high property tax, high income tax, etc. Then there could be the annual hurricanes or mosquitoes that make a place more difficult to live.

I'm happy in AZ.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not paying 9% sales tax ($5672 on my $63K truck) and vehicle license tax that will total over $5K in 8 years would be nice, but it seems like each state has it's crappy part. Could be high property tax, high income tax, etc. Then there could be the annual hurricanes or mosquitoes that make a place more difficult to live.

I'm happy in AZ.

And you have In-n-Out.........and JIB.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

$500.00 state sales tax

Well it's not about used vs. new; it's about the dealer you buy from. There are plenty of people who have bought used and been scammed by dealers the same way the OP had; these con artists know no boundaries.

The most important factor as a consumer is to walk into the dealer knowing what you want. Pick out the vehicle online, clarify the pricing via a phone call, and agree on a trade value (if applicable). Finance managers are often the wolves of the dealership depending on management; don't let them get the best of you. The guy I had offered me some options, I politely declined, and that was that. No coercion, no games, no BS. The worst thing you can do is be uncertain; that is where the sales tactics take effect and they talk you into things you don't want or need.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No....best to educate ones self on how to purchase a truck. I knew my numbers front and back before i showed up. Not bragging...just saying....this nonsense is all on the buyer......several red flags were sent up, and when he missed them or didnt complain...the dealer all took it as open season and very unethically took the buyer for every trick they had.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wi) repeat since someone e is trying to justify 500 in paper work charges. The dealer is required by the dealer license to fill out all forms and submit to dmv. If your being charged for it the dealer is ******* I n g you. The paper work and submission is done electronically and saying it takes an army of people to do it is the most asinine statement for 15 minutes of paper work. The detailer porter etc. They charge a dealer prep fee for basically a 995.00 car wash. Yes dealers have many ways to screw the unsuspecting public