WTB 2nd gen, what do I need to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txmxer

Reaction score
And if you bought any of those vehicles with the equivalent mileage of driving around the entire globe twice over, I’d say the same thing.

You never answered any of the questions above, likely because you can’t. It’s ridiculous to buy any used product and then claim that all of your “issues” are
“design flaws” while having not the slightest clue how the product was used, serviced, or cared for over the course of 6 years and 50k miles. Never mind the fact that the transmission strategy adapts to the driver, so calling that a “design flaw” or “reliability issue” just makes you look even more ignorant.

You claim you “never had one issue” with 4 Tacomas, then state that you had to replace the alternator? But that’s not a “design flaw” or “reliability issue”, right? :rolleyes:
I know about the transmission adapting to driving habits, thats why I'm not harping on that. But there are a lot of reports of transmission clunking on downshift and owners considering that normal. It's a nice thing to know as a potential new owner. I was aware of all these..."non issues" and "not" design flaws before I bought the truck, so it wasnt a surprise when they came up. Anyway, I love my raptor and I loved my tacomas. Different trucks, different uses. I think were on different pages and weve already hijacked the thread. Enjoy your truck, I know I'm enjoying mine.