WTB 2nd gen, what do I need to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there, new here!

I currently have a 2018 tacoma TRD OR 4x4 fully built for overlanding. But have 2 dogs and baby #2 on the way. My parents have a gen 1 raptor and I’ve always loved it. Originally wanted to get into a tundra but after looking at pricing, I figured why not get a used gen 2 raptor that’s already built for the dirt and trails,and save myself the trouble!

I guess I was hoping you all could help educate me on all the most common problems with these 2nd gens, and costs associated with fixing them.

Also coming from a Toyota, reliability is a big deal to me. What can I expect out of a 2nd gen raptor reliability wise?

I do plan on buying used, hopefully not exceeding 55k out the door, and low enough miles that I can add an extended warranty to that…. With that said what is the best warranty package I can get, how far will that take me and what will that cost?

Thank you all in advance!

Also please feel free to direct me to any relative threads or posts answering my questions, like I said I’m new and not sure what’s already floating around!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do most tier one guys use that as their username? Lots of CAG and DEVGRU guys lately!

Find a Raptor that has had all TSB's addressed, thorough maintenance records, close to stock, and fresh shocks. Ideally 5,000 mile oil change intervals, should be relatively problem free.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Do most tier one guys use that as their username? Lots of CAG and DEVGRU guys lately!

Find a Raptor that has had all TSB's addressed, thorough maintenance records, close to stock, and fresh shocks. Ideally 5,000 mile oil change intervals, should be relatively problem free.
Lol the username is an old battlefield joke. I am in no way, shape or form a tier one operator nor is my name Karl.

Thank you for the info!