Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I agree with you that $5.5K is a slim margin when literally all they are doing is placing an orden, receiving the truck, and delivering the same day it gets there. Add to that probably a $799 dealer fee, plus bonus from Ford... plus most likely getting a trade that will generate an additional 5K of profit..
Maybe you should buy a franchise since it's so easy.

Last edited:

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d look at what the Cadillac brand is going through, GM is basically pushing the dealers out with the push to all EV and crazy capital requirement to even fly the flag. Slowly chipping away at the dealer model.

Pretty soon it will just be dealer service centers.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d look at what the Cadillac brand is going through, GM is basically pushing the dealers out with the push to all EV and crazy capital requirement to even fly the flag. Slowly chipping away at the dealer model.

Pretty soon it will just be dealer service centers.
And the crisis OEMs are facing right now is helping lead to this. Most dealers have no inventory to sell and no allocations to order anything. I went to Sewell GMC here in Dallas to order a new Yukon and was told they have no allocations to order me one and none to sell me. The salesman tried to sell me a used Suburban at $5k over msrp with 5k miles. Nope

Went to another GMC dealer, same story. I have no idea how these sales guys are making their mortgage.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Will you say that to the dealer I got you an invoice deal on your Maverick order?
Yes. ALL dealers should be doing that. And in fact I'd like to be able to do it all online.

no price hunting, no bargaining, no discounts. Everyone pays the same.

So far that dealer has made it painless. And I'm very cool with that. Hope they deliver just the same.

My point is you should not have to hunt for a good deal, or an allocation or any of that bs

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. ALL dealers should be doing that. And in fact I'd like to be able to do it all online.

So far that dealer has made it painless. And I'm very cool with that. Hope they deliver just the same.

My point is you should not have to hunt for a good deal, or an allocation or any of that bs
If my dealer charged MSRP, I would still pay it. They always take care of me and get what I need. This whole idea that everything is overpriced at MSRP is interesting. It's the manufacturer that states what is the suggested price, not the dealer. Again, I am not old enough (46) to know when the idea that dealers should sell for invoice and anything above is them being con artists. I am 1000% against ADM and would never be a sucker and pay the sucker tax. That is just silly.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also, "not have to hunt for an allocation"? You want there to be a million Raptors on the road? Not me. I like having something that not everyone has. Is it the extremely rare Ford GT? No, but it's not an F150 XLT either. The allocation decision is a very smart move on Ford's part to give the Raptor some exclusivity.

So if every dealer was priced at MSRP you are good according to your statement above.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are warranty issues handled?
All warranty service appointments are made through the Tesla app on your cell. Pick an available date and time, drop off the vehicle at your local Tesla service center, hail a Uber ride home courtesy of Tesla.

Last edited: