Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irojas

Reaction score
The reason for the current limited production is completely different than a typical year though. There is no doubt that dealers are getting way fewer Raptors, and vehicles in general, on the lots than normal years. Once/if the supply chain returns to pre-pandemic levels, there's little doubt the Raptor will be produced at the same volume as before. 37s and R might be more restricted.

I think you could also make an argument that Ford limited production to match what it could produce out a single plant, and to match market demand...more than trying to make it more exclusive and higher resale value. It's not as if you couldn't find Raptors on any dealer lot 2 years ago. Sure, not as many as other trims, but enough to meet demand.

Point being, once things settle down a year or more from now, I don't think people will have to do much work to find a Raptor at MSRP with the options they want....as long as those options aren't R and possibly 37s.
Totally agree with you.

alibo70

Reaction score
Paying $5k over msrp on a 37. Scheduled build 10/25. Starting calling random dealers got impatient and bit the bullet.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh, that is all common knowledge. I don't think anyone is saying production won't return to normal levels at some point, but will always be a limited production vehicle.

The difference is that you're saying the limited product (normally) is there to keep the Raptor exclusive. I'm saying it could be more about matching demand.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference is that you're saying the limited product (normally) is there to keep the Raptor exclusive. I'm saying it could be more about matching demand.
It is strictly for limited sales. Has been stated a bunch everywhere. SVT was never set up with the goal in mind for mass production. Ford Performance has continued that trend and will. Ford could sell many more of these if they produced more, even on a normal year. That was not their intent.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Ford's intent, like every other business. Is to make as much money as possible.

the raptor is a very high margin item for ford. they would make and sell a million a year if they could.

Same reason the gen 3 is 10k more than a gen 2 last year. yeah that's right. they are now packing in all the options on lower packages to make the options standard------and thus the price higher.

The average sale price was 41k recently, up from 35k in about a year. That is by design and movement into just making more expensive large suv's and trucks.

The manufacturer is not your friend, the dealer is not your friend. They want one thing, your money. No matter what they say on a press release, to your face, or how much business you think you have done with them.

If another guy walks in the door that will pay 20k more than you, who do you think is going to get the vehicle.

**** dealers.

Again I'd love to go to only online sales direct from the manufacturer.

Last edited:

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford's intent, like every other business. Is to make as much money as possible.

the raptor is a very high margin item for ford. they would make and sell a million a year if they could.

Same reason the gen 3 is 10k more than a gen 2 last year. yeah that's right. they are now packing in all the options on lower packages to make the options standard------and thus the price higher.

The average sale price was 41k recently, up from 35k in about a year. That is by design and movement into just making more expensive large suv's and trucks.

The manufacturer is not your friend, the dealer is not your friend. They want one thing, your money. No matter what they say on a press release, to your face, or how much business you think you have done with them.

If another guy walks in the door that will pay 20k more than you, who do you think is going to get the vehicle.

**** dealers.

Again I'd love to go to only online sales direct from the manufacturer.
I have been very patient with you and also shared my local dealer with you to get a deal at invoice on your Maverick. Everything I have stated about my dealer experience has been true and you have so far found that out for yourself. Is that the case with every dealer? No. Most of the dealers in San Antonio where you are are *******-t-y. I get where your attitude comes from. However, if I bailed on my Raptor order, the next guy on the list at my dealer will get my Raptor for invoice just like I do. Not all dealers are d-bags.
You saying someone's dealer is not their friend is only from your experience. My dealer has been the best to deal with and only sells for invoice. I was nice enough to share them with you and almost everyone else that DM'ed me. Even to someone like you who acts like a total j-a-c-k-a-s-s in every thread on this forum since you joined last month. I am far from the first to call you out on it.

And you have no clue, nor do I, if the Raptor has a higher profit margin from Ford than an XL F150. If you do, please post it up. Higher MSRP has nothing to do with profit margin.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is strictly for limited sales. Has been stated a bunch everywhere. SVT was never set up with the goal in mind for mass production. Ford Performance has continued that trend and will. Ford could sell many more of these if they produced more, even on a normal year. That was not their intent.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Unless you've got some actual data stating that Ford limits production on Ford for the purpose of exclusivity rather than meeting market demands (under normal circumstances), I don't see why you're so bothered by disagreements.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what is so hard for you to understand that a lot of manufacturers have certain vehicles they limit production on. SVT/Ford Performance being one of them. It was that way with the Lightning as well. I had hell in 2003 finding one because there were waiting lists everywhere. GM could have sold a ton of the Typhoon and Cyclone. Ford could sell a ton more Raptors if they wanted to. Price is not the issue.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Unless you've got some actual data stating that Ford limits production on Ford for the purpose of exclusivity rather than meeting market demands (under normal circumstances), I don't see why you're so bothered by disagreements.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I have been very patient with you and also shared my local dealer with you to get a deal at invoice on your Maverick. Everything I have stated about my dealer experience has been true and you have so far found that out for yourself. Is that the case with every dealer? No. Most of the dealers in San Antonio where you are are *******-t-y. I get where your attitude comes from. However, if I bailed on my Raptor order, the next guy on the list at my dealer will get my Raptor for invoice just like I do. Not all dealers are d-bags.
You saying someone's dealer is not their friend is only from your experience. My dealer has been the best to deal with and only sells for invoice. I was nice enough to share them with you and almost everyone else that DM'ed me. Even to someone like you who acts like a total j-a-c-k-a-s-s in every thread on this forum since you joined last month. I am far from the first to call you out on it.

And you have no clue, nor do I, if the Raptor has a higher profit margin from Ford than an XL F150. If you do, please post it up. Higher MSRP has nothing to do with profit margin.
no attitude. just a large dose of reality. You think the dealer cares about you, hahaha. Yep, and strippers do too I'm sure.

And yes, the raptor and other high optioned F150's are large margin items for ford. which is why they switched towards making more of them than the basic F150's. do the research.

You don't really think it costs that much to add many of the options do you? come on.

I give no ***** about getting "called out". Too many keyboard warriors.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rumor was that Ford assembled 70 Raptors per shift. This was pre-pandemic of course. Exclusivity is part of the Raptor mystique.