Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Also, "not have to hunt for an allocation"? You want there to be a million Raptors on the road? Not me. I like having something that not everyone has. Is it the extremely rare Ford GT? No, but it's not an F150 XLT either. The allocation decision is a very smart move on Ford's part to give the Raptor some exclusivity.

no price hunting, no bargaining, no discounts. Everyone pays the same.
So if every dealer was priced at MSRP you are good according to your statement above.
Correct. I don't want to hunt for an allocation or worry that any particular dealer has one to order what I want.

Don't care much how many raptors there are out there. I'm not special.

won't be a million of them anyhow. few can afford them in reality.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I don't want to hunt for an allocation or worry that any particular dealer has one to order what I want.

Don't care much how many raptors there are out there. I'm not special.

won't be a million of them anyhow. few can afford them in reality.
Number produced has no real effect on being "special". But it does affect resale value and is a huge reason the Raptors hold their value so well. Come on, I thought you were the Finance Genius of our forum??
sort of kidding.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
guess I just don't care much about it. but you are right, numbers produced can affect resale value. though I don't think raptors are nearly rare enough to matter a ton.

A 911 GT3.....yeah probably a bit more exclusive

irojas

Reaction score
Number produced has no real effect on being "special". But it does affect resale value and is a huge reason the Raptors hold their value so well. Come on, I thought you were the Finance Genius of our forum??
sort of kidding.
Purchasing online does not mean unlimited production. Go to Tesla and you will see that the high end (Model S) has an estimate delivery for 2022 already. Ford is not giving more allocation since they cannot produce more. If you think that Ford limits the production of the Raptor to make it exclusive, I don't agree with you.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchasing online does not mean unlimited production. Go to Tesla and you will see that the high end (Model S) has an estimate delivery for 2022 already. Ford is not giving more allocation since they cannot produce more. If you think that Ford limits the production of the Raptor to make it exclusive, I don't agree with you.
Where are you getting that I said anything about online purchasing? I think you are confused with your quotes. Comparing the Tesla sales model to Ford or any other manufacturer is silly. And I am in O&G. No interest in electric.
Ford absolutely limits Raptor production even on normal years. On my 6th Raptor, pretty sure I know what I am talking about.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Ford absolutely limits the Raptor production, hell they do not even disclose the manufactured amount each year.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason for the current limited production is completely different than a typical year though. There is no doubt that dealers are getting way fewer Raptors, and vehicles in general, on the lots than normal years. Once/if the supply chain returns to pre-pandemic levels, there's little doubt the Raptor will be produced at the same volume as before. 37s and R might be more restricted.

I think you could also make an argument that Ford limited production to match what it could produce out a single plant, and to match market demand...more than trying to make it more exclusive and higher resale value. It's not as if you couldn't find Raptors on any dealer lot 2 years ago. Sure, not as many as other trims, but enough to meet demand.

Point being, once things settle down a year or more from now, I don't think people will have to do much work to find a Raptor at MSRP with the options they want....as long as those options aren't R and possibly 37s.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason for the current limited production is completely different than a typical year though. There is no doubt that dealers are getting way fewer Raptors, and vehicles in general, on the lots than normal years. Once/if the supply chain returns to pre-pandemic levels, there's little doubt the Raptor will be produced at the same volume as before. 37s and R might be more restricted.

I think you could also make an argument that Ford limited production to match what it could produce out a single plant, and to match market demand...more than trying to make it more exclusive and higher resale value. It's not as if you couldn't find Raptors on any dealer lot 2 years ago. Sure, not as many as other trims, but enough to meet demand.

Point being, once things settle down a year or more from now, I don't think people will have to do much work to find a Raptor at MSRP with the options they want....as long as those options aren't R and possibly 37s.
Uh, that is all common knowledge. I don't think anyone is saying production won't return to normal levels at some point, but will always be a limited production vehicle.