Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you.
I may disagree…

People have proven over-and-over that they are impatient creatures who want their goods immediately and will pay regardless for instant satisfaction!! Prices on goods have gone up across the board in every sector and industry, everyone says it’s “inflation”, but the truth is we have all accepted it and are “willing” to pay higher prices. Until demand declines and/or stops, prices will continue to rise. What is the base MSRP of the Gen 3 vs. Gen 2??? Pretty sure it is higher…just like the base price of the Gen 4 will exceed that of the Gen 3…the base price will never dip, because we have all accepted and raised the bar, no one is going to lower it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure what is so hard for you to understand that a lot of manufacturers have certain vehicles they limit production on. SVT/Ford Performance being one of them. It was that way with the Lightning as well. I had hell in 2003 finding one because there were waiting lists everywhere. GM could have sold a ton of the Typhoon and Cyclone. Ford could sell a ton more Raptors if they wanted to. Price is not the issue.

I understand your argument, I just disagree with it. And sure, back in 2003, Raptors were a lot more exclusive.

When I was shopping for my Raptor a couple years back, the dealer nearest to me had about a dozen on the lot. Until this year, no one came on the boards complaining about waiting lists or being unable to find a dealer who could sell to them. The only real complaint is the California dealers were overcharging.

I get that there are waiting lists now due to supply shortages right now, but I have little doubt that Ford will ramp up production to meet demand when they can. You are welcome to disagree.

To be clear, 'demand' doesn't mean Raptors can be bought within any budget. But anyone who wants to get a Raptor for $80k (or whatever the price is then) will be able to get one.

irojas

Reaction score
I understand your argument, I just disagree with it. And sure, back in 2003, Raptors were a lot more exclusive.

When I was shopping for my Raptor a couple years back, the dealer nearest to me had about a dozen on the lot. Until this year, no one came on the boards complaining about waiting lists or being unable to find a dealer who could sell to them. The only real complaint is the California dealers were overcharging.

I get that there are waiting lists now due to supply shortages right now, but I have little doubt that Ford will ramp up production to meet demand when they can. You are welcome to disagree.

To be clear, 'demand' doesn't mean Raptors can be bought within any budget. But anyone who wants to get a Raptor for $80k (or whatever the price is then) will be able to get one.
I totally agree with you.
Today, with this limited production and dealers selling at 20k ADM or more, who is making more on each Raptor, Ford or the dealers?
Why would Ford limit the production the extreme as we are seeing today, only to make the dealers make more profit?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, why did y’all stop? Lol Y‘all have some damn good dialog going here…point, counterpoint. Y’all are writing my next research paper; this is some good $h’+ if I may say so! Well gentlemen…back to it! Lmao If I score a good grade, I might be tempted to make one of your truck payments. LOL

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you didn't have to wait a day or two to download a song while taking the risk of infecting the family computer with crazy viruses and it shows.

jk just a funny quote

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m a just a bit surprised we’re seeing members actually taking delivery in September given the current conditions. Kudos to Ford for getting the Rap out there as there is clearly demand. Ford upped the production of the Gen2 Rap significantly over the Gen1, which has been lamented on here before with people whining and crying the blues about lack of exclusivity, lower resale value, blah, blah, blah. Haven’t heard much about how the Gen2’s greater numbers are lowering resale value lately.

Once the component availability stabilizes, we’ll see more gen3’s rolling out, and the market stabilizing.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Was curious if the dealer I bought from had any Raptors. I checked and they have 2 raptors, both for $20k ADM. Guess my dealer was honest with me (which I knew). I think with all the BS going on around these parts, I was lucky with my "ADM".

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was curious if the dealer I bought from had any Raptors. I checked and they have 2 raptors, both for $20k ADM. Guess my dealer was honest with me (which I knew). I think with all the BS going on around these parts, I was lucky with my "ADM".
Both 37 or 35?