Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
So I met with my dealer last week (he is the manager). Got everything squared away. This was my original deal:

No ADM pay full price MRSP. Day I ordered truck (6/18/21). I had choice of either of his 2 allocations, one of which was a 37 Performance. I of course got the 37. He said if I owner wants ADM it would be anything more than $5k. He said if it is, I will split with you, so for me worst case it was $2500, but wasn’t sure if he would want the ADM.

I lease a 2019 F150 Lariat. Told him I didn’t care what he made on my trade as long as I can walk away free and clear. This is my 10th car I bought/leased from him for myself, wife and son.

When I ordered the Raptor I had at the time 8 payments left @ $575 a month ($4600 in payments). Can buyout lease AT END for $37k and change. At the time the truck was worth about $43k (trade in in June). So it would simply be a wash for me and him making about ~$2k or more on the trade. Remember as long as I walk away I was ok. He agreed. He would buy truck from me and pay off remaining balance. I’d buy the Raptor @ $90k with taxes.

Last Friday we met, I was nervous. I walked in and he gave me that look. He said listen, you know these trucks are going for $15-$20k over MRSP. My heart sunk. My wife is pissed I am already spending $90k and for ***** sake not including all the ******** I will end up buying over the next few months - god bless her) but now I have to tell her another $15k. I did not want to have that convo with her. I agreed I have heard that is what they are going for and he said the owner wants $5k in cash, but said the value of my F150 has gone up and will give me another $2k and if I include my Bak Rolling cover on it, another $500 (2 yrs old and in mint condition). Plus any payments you have to make back before the transaction.

So in the end, I have to admit, although all along I have been saying I am not paying ADM. I am in fact paying $2500 ADM.

I AM FINE WITH IT AND CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY.

I will probably have the only 37 Package in NW Indiana for some time.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I met with my dealer last week (he is the manager). Got everything squared away. This was my original deal:

No ADM pay full price MRSP. Day I ordered truck (6/18/21). I had choice of either of his 2 allocations, one of which was a 37 Performance. I of course got the 37. He said if I owner wants ADM it would be anything more than $5k. He said if it is, I will split with you, so for me worst case it was $2500, but wasn’t sure if he would want the ADM.

I lease a 2019 F150 Lariat. Told him I didn’t care what he made on my trade as long as I can walk away free and clear. This is my 10th car I bought/leased from him for myself, wife and son.

When I ordered the Raptor I had at the time 8 payments left @ $575 a month ($4600 in payments). Can buyout lease AT END for $37k and change. At the time the truck was worth about $43k (trade in in June). So it would simply be a wash for me and him making about ~$2k or more on the trade. Remember as long as I walk away I was ok. He agreed. He would buy truck from me and pay off remaining balance. I’d buy the Raptor @ $90k with taxes.

Last Friday we met, I was nervous. I walked in and he gave me that look. He said listen, you know these trucks are going for $15-$20k over MRSP. My heart sunk. My wife is pissed I am already spending $90k and for ***** sake not including all the ******** I will end up buying over the next few months - god bless her) but now I have to tell her another $15k. I did not want to have that convo with her. I agreed I have heard that is what they are going for and he said the owner wants $5k in cash, but said the value of my F150 has gone up and will give me another $2k and if I include my Bak Rolling cover on it, another $500 (2 yrs old and in mint condition). Plus any payments you have to make back before the transaction.

So in the end, I have to admit, although all along I have been saying I am not paying ADM. I am in fact paying $2500 ADM.

I AM FINE WITH IT AND CONSIDER MYSELF LUCKY.

I will probably have the only 37 Package in NW Indiana for some time.
Did you sign anything with them originally?

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but gave him $20k. I knew going in there might be some ADM, but I kinda know the guy.
I hear you, I think I just got lucky, the dealership didn't really know what kind of deal they were giving me. I got my 37 package truck for $1k under with a signed sales agreement. Now they could still back out since the agreement doesn't have a VIN on it, but it does have the build sheet attached with the order number that shows up on the window sticker, so I should be ok, I hope.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your lease/trade is a little confusing. If the buyout $37k, and market value is $43k, then you have some positive equity there. Were you just giving this to the dealer, which gives them essential $6k above MSRP right there, or would able to apply the profit from that deal to lower the cost of a new Raptor below MSRP?

Either way, I don't think it was really wise to look at this as a single deal. I get that it needs to be for tax purposes, but I would have negotiate the sale price of the Raptor, and told them you'll decide on the trade value of your existing f150 when it's time, to make sure it's done with fair market value. My guess is that they are getting a lot of profit off your trade in, and this whole endeavor is just to squeeze a little bit more out of you and make you feel like you're lucky to have this deal so you don't back out of it.

As far as them asking for the bed cover, I would have said no. If it's worth $500 to them, then maybe I give them $500 and keep my cover...since it will surely cost you more to replace it.