DayStar 2" Leveling Kit vs Top Perch Shock Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, if you like the prerunner (high front) look, do a middle perch and this bolt on.

You can get pre runner high with the top perch.

Also you might not want to do the spacer. The was a guy on this other s-hole that did the spacer. The coils will then hit your upper control arm at full droop. If you do the spacer you should also get a camber kit to help your truck get back into alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bviper

Reaction score
I just had the daystar leveling kit (2") installed and it looks and rides great! Looked like an easy install and doesn't sacrifice ride quality which was the big sell for me.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I know the spring rate won't change if the spring is pre-compressed like it is when you do the perch mod, but won't the stored energy in the spring from it being pre-compressed caused the spring to rebound harder/faster over bumps? i'm no physics major but it makes sense to me that the spring being compressed must make a noticeable difference.

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the spring rate won't change if the spring is pre-compressed like it is when you do the perch mod, but won't the stored energy in the spring from it being pre-compressed caused the spring to rebound harder/faster over bumps? i'm no physics major but it makes sense to me that the spring being compressed must make a noticeable difference.

With the perch adjustment it will rebound faster because of increasing the preload. With the leveling kits it won't because essentially you are just spacing the shock down to pick the front up. That's why they have issues with the springs hitting the upper control arms.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
With the perch adjustment it will rebound faster because of increasing the preload. With the leveling kits it won't because essentially you are just spacing the shock down to pick the front up. That's why they have issues with the springs hitting the upper control arms.

yeah i realize the difference i'm just wondering as far as the physics behind the preload.