2023 Raptor "leveling kit"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
My Ford dealership is offering me a "leveling Kit" on my inbound 2023 Raptor. They know I want 37's. Not seeing much on this forum about a Gen 3 "leveling kit." Lots of chatter about replacing the coils but what the heck are these guys speaking to? Knowing the rear coil suspension is completely different vs my 2020 I asked what they're gonna do with this 2023 truck to accommodate the 37's. He said he will have his Service Advisor explain. Thoughts?

OP
OP
jakerjaker19

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
You can do nothing and fit 37s. To level it most people are using a 1.5” perch collar, just make sure they’re not using just a spacer lift.
Appreciate the reply. In coming dumb questions...I assume Perch collar keeps the range of travel and protects the CV shaft? To level the Raptor are you adding collars to the front suspension only?

Last edited:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply. In coming dumb questions...I assume Perch collar keeps the range of travel and protects the CV shaft? To level the Raptor are you adding collars to the front suspension only?
The collar puts pre load on the OEM spring causing the front to lift about 1-1.5 inches. You will loose a small bit of travel but noting substantial. Most of these trucks are nose down, so lifting them from the front only will make it level and give you slightly more ground clearance. There are spacers for the rear if desired, but you don't need them if you only ue the 1.5 inch collar up front. I have collars on mine and I didn't notice any difference in ride after installing. You need to confirm with your dealer how they are lifting the front. Make sure it is collars. Some guys lift the front 2 or more inches, if you do that you may need 3/4 spacer in the rear. whatever you do....don't do any kind of lift kit, it kills the Raptor function and geometry.

OP
OP
jakerjaker19

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
The collar puts pre load on the OEM spring causing the front to lift about 1-1.5 inches. You will loose a small bit of travel but noting substantial. Most of these trucks are nose down, so lifting them from the front only will make it level and give you slightly more ground clearance. There are spacers for the rear if desired, but you don't need them if you only ue the 1.5 inch collar up front. I have collars on mine and I didn't notice any difference in ride after installing. You need to confirm with your dealer how they are lifting the front. Make sure it is collars. Some guys lift the front 2 or more inches, if you do that you may need 3/4 spacer in the rear. whatever you do....don't do any kind of lift kit, it kills the Raptor function and geometry.
Thank you. No lift kit ever. They won't be doing that to my truck. However Im thinking they are going to try using spacers up front, since its less work...Ill be ready to ask for the Perch collars. Are you using RPG or FMI collars?

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I have RPG in orange. FMI, and Icon also have good collars. Tell them collars or no deal. I am very happy with the RPG 1.5 collar. My truck is perfectly level.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don’t lose any travel with a collar unless you go with a huge one like 3” which causes coil bind, hence the loss of travel. A spacer lift goes above the whole shock assembly and pushes everything down, allowing the lower control arms and everything to extend beyond their normal range at full droop, putting lots of strain on cvs, ball joints, and tie rod ends. The 1.5” perch collar is what you want. RPG seems the most popular and time tested.

GDK

Reaction score
We bought a loaded F-250 a couple of years back and had a front leveling kit installed which was just a Spacer...no front alignment required.
Now the Raptor needs leveling? Who would actually want to replace the new Springs?
Are the buts higher on Pickups so they are level when you add some weight or tow with them? It certainly looks out of proportion for sure.

GDK

Reaction score
Here is the "stance" of our 2023 37PP we just took delivery on. Seems to be closer to level than an F-250 but needs a touch more front height.
Anyone know why they do not add rear wheel liners? Looks bad, will probably add Husky Rear Liners unless I find something nicer.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 196
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 177