6.2 mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a guess at this, started a thread at the other forum prior to being banned created a lot of discussion but seems most were like myself just guessing. I am also aware if we are buying a Raptor we are certainly not buying for MPG but I am curious. Hopefully with some of us taking delivey of the 6.2 soon we might have something definitive.:potstir:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
But other versions of F150's have a higher GVWR and they show the MPG..........I think it'll be there in the end.

OP
OP
R

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOCO - Let me know what your dealer sticker say's you are close enough to manhood now that I am sure that plane cannot fly fast enough be safe and keep us posted brother looking forward to your first impression of the truck and the 6.2L

AuPanda

Reaction score
I gotta believe it will be no worse than the current 5.4. I base that on the notion that the 6.2 will become the base truck engine. Ford needs to keep up with Chevy, Toyota, and Dodge in the power and efficiency front.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta believe it will be no worse than the current 5.4. I base that on the notion that the 6.2 will become the base truck engine. Ford needs to keep up with Chevy, Toyota, and Dodge in the power and efficiency front.

I think the 6.2 will do better on mileage as long as you're not hotdogging it. The motor seems like it will be more efficient than the 5.4 and a bit more technologically advanced.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates with actual numbers? I am hoping to see actual number with the conditions they were obtained (i.e. XX mpg at XX mph, level, no headwind; etc.)

SOCO's first drive article mentioned 10.4 mpg for combined freeway and country road driving with off-road driving and 14 mpg on highway (SOCO, care to elaborate on speed, etc.?)

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be keeping track of mileage after I get it broke in this weekend. Another guy I met at the bank recieved his truck last week said he was averaging 10mpg. But he is an admitted leadfoot. I put 80 miles on last night and the guage has not moved yet, I have been driving it easy till I get it broke in.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates with actual numbers? I am hoping to see actual number with the conditions they were obtained (i.e. XX mpg at XX mph, level, no headwind; etc.)

SOCO's first drive article mentioned 10.4 mpg for combined freeway and country road driving with off-road driving and 14 mpg on highway (SOCO, care to elaborate on speed, etc.?)

The numbers that were observed in the article were, well, not excatly feather footed. And not to make any excuses but, the weather that day was not the best and it was WIIIIINDY. When I drove out there from Phoenix on Teusday, the wind was pushing that truck all over the road. While still in flat AZ in nice sunny weather, I was averaging 14.7 with the cruise set at just above 80mph. The best I've seen so far was around here at 15.7. That was with about 500 or 600 mi. on the clock. If you want to mess around anf feel the power, you're gonna pay to play. My overall thought on the mpg's so far.....it could be better, but it could be worse too.

EDIT - One more thing, if you're miles to empty is saying you've got 1 or 2 miles left, get to the gas station 'cause it ain't lying. I had 1 mile left and when I filled up, it took 25.7 gallons.