6.2 mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trip to the Raptor Roundup, including track session, and dunes run was 1100 miles. Most of this was done at prolonged freeway speed - the result 13.6mpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My round trip to the Raptor Round up involved 750 miles of flying down the freeways (average speed was about 80 with spurts up to 100MPH) and on the trails in my 5.4L Raptor resulted in 13.6 MPG too. But I hammered the skinny pedal on the freeway (sure am glad I have a V1!).

Sorry to intrude - now back to your 6.2L MPG discussion already in progress :D

AuPanda

Reaction score
Two tank fulls of gas and I'm at 14.6 mpg. About a 50/50 mix but a highway in LA might as well be a surface street. Admittedly I have only really gunned it a few times. So far happy with the mpg.

Down now to 13.4 mpg. ;)

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 1600 miles on it but I am getting a consistent 12.9. I just reset the mileage calculator this morning. No highway mileage, lots of offroad time. I don't hesitate to put the foot down, that's why I got it. When my skills catch up with my engine size....watch out you 5.4's. LOL!!!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy **** I would be pissed if I got 6.2Mpg.

Something is wrong with your truck.

ha ha ha

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have 1600 miles on it but I am getting a consistent 12.9. I just reset the mileage calculator this morning. No highway mileage, lots of offroad time. I don't hesitate to put the foot down, that's why I got it. When my skills catch up with my engine size....watch out you 5.4's. LOL!!!

I think they'd better look out now 'dawg! You were FLYIN' out on the trails today! :wow:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I now have 1500 miles on my 6.2 and have noticed a steady increase in power since new. Seat of the pants, obviously. This engine has really loosened up over the past couple weeks and now feels monstrously powerful to me. Woo-Hoo!

Last 2 tankfuls around 14mpg...impressive considering the way I'm constantly hammering on it.