4WD mode pulling hard to right on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitch33

Reaction score
My 2012 pulled to the right in 4wd so I suspected a bad iwe so I was driving and had my brother hang out the passenger side window and I looked out the driver side and spun the tires on the snow and to my surprise both front tires spun, my brother also has a 2012 Raptor his also pulls to the right in 4-wheel drive when on the throttle, it seems odd to me it's the only four wheel drive truck that I've ever driven that's done it but I have only owned my for about a month and was wondering if this was normal.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about a “drift” to the right that requires a pressure on the wheel on crowned roads OR a hard pull that requires significant effort to counter?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Significant pull under acceleration only and in 4wd, the crown of the road and wind have no effect on it.

Yep, that’s why the problem needs specific clarification. The IWE is the first suspect, but if they aren’t the problem, then the suspension bushings, ball joint(s), and/of tie rod(s) are loose. It’s all pretty simple really, if it is only under hard acceleration in 4wd.

Mitch33

Reaction score
So I just did a check on my suspension and I did find a small amount of movement in my lower ball joints but everything else seemed nice and tight I'm from Minnesota and we usually don't have problems with rubber bushings getting soft but this truck is from taxes maybe the lower control arm bushings are a little soft or something, but they don't have any loose play and the tires are wearing nice and even. Also mine is supercharged so putting down more power probably isn't doing those bushings any favors.