Pulling to the right - After Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wanting to see if I could get some input. I've started suspension mods on my trucks. 2014 Gen 1 Screw.

Installed the Gen 2 fox race 3.0 shocks/coil overs on the front with use of the new buckets.
Installed new tires. 35's. Mickey Thompson Legend EXP's
I had the truck aligned Friday evening after the shocks. The shop said that I needed a camber bolt kit to correct the camber on the passenger side.
Bolt kit was installed the next day and camber on passenger side was corrected.
That is why the before alignment doesn't look bad. Because it was done the day before.

I drove a round trip of about 200 miles on Sunday. Before and after the new parts/tires, the truck has always tended to pull slightly to the right.

I have new UCA's on order from Blitzkrieg. Those will be put on in a week. I'm considering new tie rod ends.
I have also thought about taking it back in for alignment again and telling them to keep it in the green, but push it more to the left side of the green.

What are your all thoughts? Suggestions?Raptor Alignment  02-25-23.jpg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does it pull to the right, or the steering wheel is off to the left?

to me, the toe is pushing a bit to the right and the differences in camber and caster can also contribute to a pull, but a lot of times the crown of the road is the biggest factor.

i think the total toe number needs to be closer to 0, but if you plan on changing parts its probably going to need another alignment anyways

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in NW Arkansas. With the steering wheel straight, it does drive straight. But if I let it go, 100 yds down the road and I’m on the right shoulder.

I drove in the left lane on a 2 lane highway. Thinking the cant on that side might keep it straight. Even there, I kept slightly bumping it to the left.

I did get the lifetime alignment package. So I will be fully taking advantage of that when I swap out more parts.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll double check tire pressure but should be right at 41 psi.

I double checked the steering wheel when driving the wheel as straight as possible. With steering wheel straight it is pulling to the right.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the tire shop this morning and I'm headed back there at noon today. They said the head may need to be straightened, then re-align. Not sure what that means or why "the head" was not straight to begin with. Will advise once I get it back on the road.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the tires. I had some KO2s I got from a Gen2 user here (≈5k on them) on the stock 2014 beadlock capables and I kept having issues with the truck pulling right.

Multiple alignments and all kinds of stuff thrown at it later and it went away…after I put on methods on grabbers that I got from a member here too.

Made it go away. Figured out of round tire or maybe one of the stock wheels? Truck has a small front right wreck in its past.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back to the alignment shop at lunch today. Alignment checked good, but they still made a couple of adjustments. Driving back to work, kind of the same thing, steers slightly to the right when steering wheel is centered.
It COULD be the slant of the roads. It COULD be the 20 mph cross wind today. It COULD be their alignment machine. It COULD be that their version of a straight steering wheel is not my version. My version is the red stripe centered between the fuel gauge and temp gauge, and check that against looking down the steering wheel how that aligns with the gauge cluster trim.

I'm irritated. Not sure what else to do. I know the manager. Good guy. Used to work with him. The shop is a new Tire Plaza chain shop that just opened October 22. Everything in there is new.

I guess they have a Hunter brand alignment machine/lift. The store manager said that he called and talked to their sales rep about the issue I'm having. They're going to send in a tech to make sure that nothing is up with their machine.

I'm getting UCA's in a week or 10 days, so I'll keep tinkering with it. I'll triple check the air pressure in the tires tonight. If they are all the same, I may add 1 PSI to the passenger side to see if that does anything.

They are stock wheels with the MT Legend EXP 35's. Tires should be at 41 PSI.

Raptor Alignment  02-28-23.jpg

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also in the past made lots of alignement on my Mazda truck, bcs , like you , I need everything is perfect ! But unfortunatly , often it'snot ! My Raptor do also something you describe, it's minor, it do that since day 1 , Most important is to check tire wear is regular ! And try to forget, so many things can influence alignement ! Enjoy

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sticky thread "Your Raptor and it's alignment" by pirate air is a good read. I have used his recomended specs for several years now and I love how nimble the Raptor feels, so easy to maneuver.
The alignment sheet you posted looks to be within the ford specs. The crown of the road can cause a slight drift to the right when properly aligned.