GEN 2 Front Right Passenger Shock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztechead

Reaction score
I've searched through the various threads on this page regards to "clunking" or other issues related to front end modifications on the Gen 2 Raptors. None of them appear to apply to mine.

Front End Setup:
- Stock Coils
- SVC C.A.S.

I have reset my ride height using Forscan on a flat and level surface.

My 4x4 shop and I are trying to chase down what is causing the front right passenger setup to "overextend" when crossing speed bumps at roughly 30 MPH. The behavior is limited to only one side of the vehicle. I attached my go pro to the front of the truck to try and aid in tracking down whats going on.

If anyone has experienced this before or has any insight its welcome!

cdoxp800

Reaction score
Check this bushing. Looks to be bad in the video at about the 9 second mark you can see some deflection.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
aztechead

aztechead

Reaction score
I saw the same thing. I pulled that cab mount down, bolt was not loose, and checked the state of the bushing. It was rusted on the inside and had uneven wear on the top of the ring.

I ordered a replacement part that should be here in a week or so. What I can’t find is where is the top nut that it screws into? Not much comes up on these late models f150. Want to make sure I know the torque amount too.