Ford Blue Certified warranty issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a good question.. I would assume that they would just check the level and not do a fluid analysis.

Got an update today on the truck from my service advisor. They had to resubmit the repairs to ESP for approval because the carrier bearing needed to be replaced. It was approved so just waiting on parts. We shall see how long this one takes. At this point it’s becoming comical.
Usually when that stuff goes bad the fluid looks like a disco ball…

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6104.jpeg
    IMG_6104.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
U

usafjames

Reaction score
Usually when that stuff goes bad the fluid looks like a disco ball…
I have no doubt that when Team Ford took the diff cover off they had “Saturday Night Fever” playing. They replaced the drivers side rear axle and only that side seals and bearing. They probably assumed it was only one side that was the problem and tried to minimize the cost on their end as it wasn’t warranty work. This fixed the wobble in the rear, but not the noise that was addressed in the first place obviously. The pinion noise I was hearing never got worse from that time until the time I got the extended warranty. Now, me personally I’m not used to using a warranty and whenever something feels funny or sounds out of place I have a pretty good mechanical background to dig into things myself to address those issues. I really did want to pull the cover off as soon as I was still hearing the issue, but I still had the initial Blue Certified warranty and didn’t want that to bite me in the butt so to speak. I’m just glad this dealership (Gaudin) is addressing all the associated parts within the rear end to ensure no debris is left behind.

OP
OP
U

usafjames

Reaction score
Whew. Whats the cliff notes?
Team Ford =bad and shady people selling cars that have a known issue
Gaudin Ford = not as bad but still your typlical dealership.
Ford Blue Certified warranty = a lot of asterisks with when it’s covered and how it’s covered
Ford Customer service = needs to be renamed/reorganized because these guys are hard to get ahold of and the process is bad

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Team Ford =bad and shady people selling cars that have a known issue
Gaudin Ford = not as bad but still your typlical dealership.
Ford Blue Certified warranty = a lot of asterisks with when it’s covered and how it’s covered
Ford Customer service = needs to be renamed/reorganized because these guys are hard to get ahold of and the process is bad

Hot damn.

Sounds pretty Fordy... I feel like its up to certain dealerships still. I had some dealers straight up not work on my shit but others just brought me in and gave me a loaner like it was nothing.

OP
OP
U

usafjames

Reaction score
Hot damn.

Sounds pretty Fordy... I feel like its up to certain dealerships still. I had some dealers straight up not work on my shit but others just brought me in and gave me a loaner like it was nothing.
I totally agree on the dealership hit and miss. I've missed on every Ford dealer and my experience with Audi/GM have been great when it came to loaners.

Update: Got the truck back yesterday afternoon. The issue with the rear end seems to be resolved, however the steering issue that was previously diagnosed as a Rack and Pinion issue is still there. They replaced a seal that is on the steering shaft that is attached to the firewall and nothing with the steering rack. They said that was the issue and I did find that hard to believe especially when they messaged me within 2 days of drop off and said the steering is fixed and were waiting on parts for the rear-end. He assured me it didn't need a new rack and pinion to which I had no choice but wait until I received the truck to determine if it still had the issue. Well, the truck still has the same play in the steering shaft to the pump and service advisor was notified. This is getting real annoying for the fact that the rack is a part that takes 3 weeks to process with Ford because they are back ordered... Could've been here and almost fixed if diagnosed correctly. Truck will be returned on Monday morning...The saga continues

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you get everything worked out usafjames. Its sad whent his happens. My dad got his new 22 superduty and it lost a motor after a year and 27k miles 2 days before they were to come back to Michigan after a month outwest. Its been a disaster to say the least. Ended up escalated all the way to Bill Fords office to get it all figured out, but thats just because we knew someone.

I have a hard and fast rule on performance vehicles like this I'll only buy new or from a private owner. Its the only way to try to mitigate these types of risks sadly.

Rptrrob702

Reaction score
I haven't had good luck from any of the Ford dealers in Las Vegas. They're all backed up with work and takes weeks to get anything done, let alone an appointment to bring it in. What's going on with your steering rack?