Pulling to the right - After Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the sticky "your raptor and its alignment is a good resource. The thread explains what each adjust will do to the ride. Note that just because it is in the "green" doesn't mean it is "good".

Note: (Excluding the possible sticking brake) and this is from memory as I "may" have something backward but here it goes:

The truck will pull towards the most positive camber (L -0.8 vs R -0.7)
toward the most positive caster (L 3.8 vs R 4.3)
and positive toe is backwards to the rest (L .15 vs R .10)

so while in the "green" it seems that every alignment factor would promote a minor pull to the right. A relatively stock raptor should still drive pretty smooth and decent with a minor "out of alignment" setups.

First thoughts would be is it possible that you are pretty sensitive to alignments or is there another issue with the truck.
I am sensitive to alignments. I’ve always been big on getting alignments after new tires on all of the vehicles that I have driven. Any suspension work and the first place that I go is for an alignment. I drove a 2015 f250 for about 5 years previous of taking ownership of my brother’s 14 raptor.

No real mods had been done to the driveline on the f250. Before I sold it, I had put on 35” mud tires on it. The tires were noisy as crap, but it still drove true.

Both trucks are driving on the same roads. I’ve lived in this area for about 7 years now.

Thanks for the input on the camber adjustments. I may be able to get an appointment for Sat and ask that they re-adjust the alignment per your/sticky recommendations. They sold me the lifetime alignment, so it’s not going to cost me more than about 5 gallons of e85 there and back.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what the shop sold you for alignment cams, but you need the heavy Duty SPC ones if you do any kind of off-road. The bolt is machined to slot into the cam on both sides of the frame slot.
I think a "kit" has 2 bolts with cams in each box, so you need 2 kits/ This will cover all 4 lower control arm mounting locations.

I would try kicking the rear lower control arm mount out and the front mount in a bit. This rotates the arm forward a touch which in turn creates more (positive) camber. A bunch of us OG guys run this setup, especially off-road guys. Aim for 5-6 degree, you are at 4.
It will make the steering want to have a more planted on-center feel. As a bonus, it creates more space at the pinch seam and tire if you are on 37's.

Below is a link to the SPC cams, hopefully that is what the shop installed on both sides.