Pulling to the right - After Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It COULD be the slant of the roads. It COULD be the 20 mph cross wind today. It COULD be their alignment machine. It COULD be that their version of a straight steering wheel is not my version. My version is the red stripe centered between the fuel gauge and temp gauge, and check that against looking down the steering wheel how that aligns with the gauge cluster trim.

I'm irritated. Not sure what else to do.
Literally been down this road, have faith. I am meticulous in this way as well, but have learned to live with a little play in the red stripe because of the below…
I have also in the past made lots of alignement on my Mazda truck, bcs , like you , I need everything is perfect ! But unfortunatly , often it'snot ! My Raptor do also something you describe, it's minor, it do that since day 1 , Most important is to check tire wear is regular ! And try to forget, so many things can influence alignement ! Enjoy
Exactly. Learned to drive on an ‘85 F150 that didn’t even need a key. The steering wheel could do nearly 45• without moving the wheels. Looking back it was kinda fun, and also infuriating!

@BSouders80 try to let go a little and enjoy the truck. They are getting on in years after all. Could be a steering rack issues, wheels, tires, shocks, stuck brake caliper…. Reminds me of the Ghostbusters when they bring Ecto One in for the first time :eek:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
The camber bolts are a good idea especially after a lift spring or perch collar, I have them on mine. Oddly enough I have a buddy here in San Diego that had a very similar issue with new Baja Boss MTZ's size 37. They shook his truck and pulled to the right. He ultimately took them off and bought KM3's. Never could figure out why, he just gave up and took them off. Luckily the tire shop took them back as factory defective, and no issues with his KM3's. Did you get a Road Force Balance? and like mentioned above try rotating.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the tires and had it aligned after that. 43 psi in the tires. Slight pull to the right. I had the buckets installed with the gen 2 shocks up front and had it aligned. Camber was off on the passenger side. Added camber bolt kit and got the camber and alignment good. Still slight pull to the right. I went back to the shop and asked them to triple check the alignment. They made a couple of adjustments and it still pulls slightly to the right.

I have played with the tire pressures a little. 43.5 psi in the passenger tires and 40.5 psi in the drivers side. That helped a little, still drives slightly to the right with steering wheel straight.

I have not rotated the tires, but I can sure try that this weekend. I’ll put the tires pressure back at 43 psi in each and see if that makes a difference.

I will update and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the input!!

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe try lowering the air pressure. Most guys do not run pressure in the 40's. Mid to high 30's for the most part. Just something easy to try.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could definitely try lowering the air pressure. Is it correct that I read somewhere that the minimum psi is 36 or the pcm will not clear the tire pressure low fault?

Try 38 psi?

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an update. I rotated the tires. Fronts to the back and vice versa. Tires are at 38 psi. Went for a drive and no change.

I’m going to do new UCA’s, ball joints and also tie rods. At least I’ll check those boxes.

If that doesn’t get it after another alignment, I’ll be a little lost. Truck has never had an accident that would require a claim. Biggest body flaw is where my brother had dropped something on the top of the tailgate and dented it a little.

One thing that was mentioned is a possible dragging brake on right side. I can look at that as well. That makes sense. Not sure how many miles are on the brakes. I’d guess the pads have been changed once.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the sticky "your raptor and its alignment is a good resource. The thread explains what each adjust will do to the ride. Note that just because it is in the "green" doesn't mean it is "good".

Note: (Excluding the possible sticking brake) and this is from memory as I "may" have something backward but here it goes:

The truck will pull towards the most positive camber (L -0.8 vs R -0.7)
toward the most positive caster (L 3.8 vs R 4.3)
and positive toe is backwards to the rest (L .15 vs R .10)

so while in the "green" it seems that every alignment factor would promote a minor pull to the right. A relatively stock raptor should still drive pretty smooth and decent with a minor "out of alignment" setups.

First thoughts would be is it possible that you are pretty sensitive to alignments or is there another issue with the truck.