4A mode: Pulls way to hard to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4A mode: Steering wheel pulls hard to the right only under acceleration. Its not just a little tug like torque steer in a front-wheel-drive car…no it’s a hard pull to the right that has me fighting the wheel and swerving. Been like that since I bought the truck new. 2019 model year built in Nov 2018.

I tried researching it early on, and folks say its just characteristic of combining the Torsen with 4A; so I just accepted that 4A is useless in my truck and moved on. But now I’d like to revisit this and see if possibly anyone knows or is there a better understanding of our trucks now. SURELY its not supposed to work this badly. Warranty is long out of the picture but still If something needs to be fixed I’d like to know, so I can make it right before I pass it onto my son.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what about 4h?

Agree, not normal behavior. I ride around in 4a a lot and there is some different characteristic to accelerating, especially if you’re taking off and immediately turning but it’s predictable once you’re used to it.

You can still get sideways in 4a in normal / sport mode but if the fronts have good traction they’ll pull you through the drama.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must not be driving mine hard enough in 4A. I typically only use it in slippery conditions, so I’m not romping on it anyway.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At worst my 2019 pulls no harder than a front wheel drive with Torsen. I use it multiple times daily even in the dry. Wonder if your passenger side axle is not being engaged. Believe FordTechOne posted up somewhere here how to check for proper engagement.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the torsen and in 4A it fights to stay centered but doesn’t really pull one way or the other.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your truck. Mine pulls just enough that I notice. And I notice lots of little stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter