GEN 2 Strange 4A Behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Domin0

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of variables here. to me, the tires seem like the likely culprit here. It’s entirely possible you could have resolved an issue on the 2 now front tires but left the now rear tire or tires as bad or worse. A quick check would be to move the rears to the front temporarily and see if the steering wheel shakes at speed. If so, start with the tires again.

I run about 34-35 / 32-33 front/rear and I know others go lower in the rear. Another FRF just did the shoe polish test and got to the Raptor Assault recommended 32/28 for full contact patch - and even wear.

Here’s a wildcard: Please check the lug nuts. make sure they 1) attached all the lug nuts. 2) torqued them enough to stay on 3) didn’t over-drive them on with a 500 foot pound impact wrench.
At the dealership now, and apparently you need to explicitly ask for a Road Force balance, otherwise they just perform a "standard" balance... Lugs were at least accounted for and torqued down properly. I asked for a better assessment of the tires, and an RF balance. Really unhappy with this place right now.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, at least your stealership HAS R/F balance ;-)

OP
OP
Domin0

Domin0

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, at least your stealership HAS R/F balance ;-)
Huge thanks to you for mentioning it. In the words of the service manager, the balance they performed was “terrible,” and they corrected it with the R/F at no charge. The passenger rear tire is apparently out-of-round, and will exhibit hop, but the vibration has been eliminated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter