Gen 3 Raptor 4A increased vibration when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awd5906

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got a 2023 Raptor after waiting about 14 months (what a wild ride that was). I have been enjoying it for a couple weeks now, easily the best truck and one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned. One thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be an increase in vibration that can be felt in the gas pedal when accelerating in 4A when compared to 2H. Does anyone else notice this and feel this as well? I replicated this several times on smooth dry pavement. Normal drive mode and mild acceleration as I’m still in the break in period. Would love to hear if anyone else has the same experience.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have felt the same as well. Thought it was just me. Also looking for some answers as well

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Same in Jen Too. IIRC, there’s a section in the manual that notes you may observe increased NVH with the transfer case engaged ( IOW, in 4a, 4h or 4L)

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been driving in 4a for the last couple months but switched to 2h tonight after I saw this thread, I really can’t feel any difference (unless I’m testing feel when losing traction).

It’s been a while but I remember by Gen 2 having some more vibration / stiffness in the wheel in 4a but Gen 3 does not.

OP
OP
awd5906

awd5906

Reaction score
Interesting stuff, thanks for the input everyone. I’d be interested to see if others have some sort of vibration feeling accelerating in 4a. It’s just a slight vibration in the gas pedal for me, but accelerating in 2H feels normal. People have been reporting weird vibrations in the gas pedal due to the adjustable pedals so maybe the pedal position I use is amplifying the vibrations when the transfer case engages?

OP
OP
awd5906

awd5906

Reaction score
Small update, I moved the adjustable pedal position to see if that made a difference. There was a slight change in vibration overall but there’s definitely more NVH than accelerating in 2H. I wouldn’t call it an issue, I’m betting a dealer would say it’s functioning normally but I was just curious if others have this same phenomenon.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are driving a lot more components when in 4A. You will feel torque steer and depending on how everything is balanced, more vibration. I know when I am in 4A the way the steering feels and I do get a little more vibration when accelerating... not much, but it is noticeable.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are driving a lot more components when in 4A. You will feel torque steer and depending on how everything is balanced, more vibration. I know when I am in 4A the way the steering feels and I do get a little more vibration when accelerating... not much, but it is noticeable.
ive noticed an increase in steering weight, but never any vibrations

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE