37" tire guidance please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i run the 57trans-x 18x9 0mm offset, debating 37" now. Seems like selection of 37" tires is much less with 18" wheels. Have my +2/+2 fenders and bedsides done and 35" looks a bit off. I believe the 37" add right about 1" of height to the truck vs most 35" tires? also geared for 4.56 already. bolt on performance so far.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run the 57trans-x 18x9 0mm offset, debating 37" now. Seems like selection of 37" tires is much less with 18" wheels. Have my +2/+2 fenders and bedsides done and 35" looks a bit off. I believe the 37" add right about 1" of height to the truck vs most 35" tires? also geared for 4.56 already. bolt on performance so far.
Yeah the tire situation for 37s on 18s was a little interesting. 37x13.5x18 are significantly cheaper than the 12.5 versions and seem to be more available. Decent bump up in price from 17 to 18 on 37x12.5.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the tire situation for 37s on 18s was a little interesting. 37x13.5x18 are significantly cheaper than the 12.5 versions and seem to be more available. Decent bump up in price from 17 to 18 on 37x12.5.
thinking of dropping back to 17" wheels for more selection (the gen3 raptor oem 37" tire), but i need to find some nice lugcentric wheels to clear my currie rear end

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bumping this cause in most other 37 threads not many or if any at all run them with the stock wheel. Most people goin to 37s go to a wider tire (like in that vid) and/or go to a more negative offset wheel.

Saw @Nex run them with stock wheels, but curious if others have done so and whats the situation like with them.

Cause had a similar situation with my ranger tremor, ran 33's on them but cause of the more offset wheel they rubbed on bumps, on stock wheels i had no rubbing. Kinda hoping i can get away with running the FRS 3.0s up front with the factory 1" preload (or just upgrade the springs on stock shocks) and run the 37s hopefully offroad. Was thinking either the K02s or Cooper AT3s in 37 since i think those run smaller and are light.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Saw @Nex run them with stock wheels, but curious if others have done so and whats the situation like with them.

I bought the truck with BFG 37s on the factory 2018 wheels. Geisers and Icons already on the truck. Switched to zero offset Methods a few weeks later. Had to do the pinch weld mod and trim fenders. I didn't push it off road on the stock wheels so not sure if they rubbed or not.

You can install the shocks and test. See how it rides and if it rubs. You will probably need to do the pinch welds and fender trimming.

People go to the zero offset due to aftermarket UCA or fill out the fenders more. Not because of 37s.