2017 Screw 802A/84k miles/Ford ESP 40k miles or 3.5 years left - What's it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Second post here and unfortunately one about possible value of the truck. I was going to use my 2nd post to inquire about adding deaver +2HD for towing vs looking for a 3/4 ton truck, but "used the search bar" and determined the answer would be "the Raptor's aren't meant to tow, either build it for what it's meant for or get a different truck." Long story short bought a camping trailer last month after buying the Raptor in Feb and realizing it's not ideal for towing, so considering selling to buy a 3/4 ton truck.

Wondering about possible value of the truck with following info:

-2017 SCREW White 802A, Tech Package, rear heated seats, fully loaded besides No Moonroof (i believe this is quite rare and desirable on a loaded 802A) and no Graphics
-~84k miles
-2nd owner (bought in Feb 23 with 75k miles on it)
-Clean Carfax history, no accidents, with service records from prior owner, I have had 0 issues or work needed since i bought it so nothing showing on Carfax for my ownership time (I do my own oil changes and have done 2 in 9k miles i've owned it, have receipts for them).
-I have a full coverage Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP) that has 40k miles or 3.5 years remaining on it (bought the 48k mile 4 year one in Feb when i bought the truck). This can transfer to new owner if private party sale
-New AGM Battery
-New BFG KO2 factory size tires 4k miles ago
-All else stock besides Baja Designs Fog Lights
-Extremely Clean Truck inside and out, i would say solid 9/10. Has zero cosmetic damage, and the underside is extremely clean and not abused whatsoever (it sadly never touched dirt while i owned it, and it doesn't look like the prior owner did either)
-Need to wash it and post pics, my Avatar pic is the day i bought it, and attached is today at work to give an idea great condition.

1. Any thoughts on pricing? i think it has some big things going for it: very clean, long Ford ESP to transfer, no Moonroof
2. Any guestimate what the added value of the Ford ESP is? i can cancel it and get a prorata refund and lower the truck price, but i feel like it will have a bigger value in selling it since it would be much more expensive for the new buyer to get and is practically a new truck warranty length left on it
3. I believe i need 100 posts to list for sale here, any recommendations on posting for sale when i'm new? Would love to see the truck go to a member, but i don't want to spam people's posts to hit 100

Thanks all in advance.

Attachments

• T.jpg
    T.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 8

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How heavy is the trailer you bought? If it's 7000lbs or under, heavier leafs and a properly setup weight distribution hitch it will work just fine. STOCK they squat badly towing a side by side...

OP
OP
2017WhiteRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Trailer is not heavy, ~3500lb and 350lb tongue weight. It also has a WD hitch, which does help. Part of the challenge is when i put 2 dirt bikes in the bed (500lb), 350lb tongue weight, 500lb of people and dogs, and a few hundred pounds of gear, im easily at 1600lb+ of payload. Im not worried about the legality of being over payload, the truck just isn't very happy doing that. It's the debate of building the Raptor up to haul more than it wants to, or starting with a big truck that handles and rides way worse and trying to improve the ride to be reasonable. leaning towards the latter as i have done a mild build on a Ram 2500 before with Thuren suspension.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh for that weight it'll be perfectly happy with a custom leaf pack or airbags and still be a Raptor.

Don't waste money and get the ****** ride etc of a 3/4 ton. If you have to just go to a Tremor F150 and add airbags.

Again though with some minor mods the Raptor is fine with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter