37x13.5r17 ridge grapplers on stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I've searched Extensively looking for any threads involving 37x13.5r17s and couldn't find any in reference to gen1s. I saw one guy purched his truck used on mid perch with 37x13.5r22s. So I'm making a huge assumption here that I can get these ridge grapplers to fit. I have a chance to buy a used set with very low miles for 1/4 of the tires retail cost. I need tires anyways which is why I'm considering the idea. Wasn't planning to go to 37s but **** it. Have gen 2 shocks front and back which I think may help with bottoming out, guess I will find out. More concerned with how close tire might be to upper control arm (stock). I also will be replacing iwes and balljoints, tie rods, swaybar links.
Anyways back on topic, anyone get 37x13.5r17s to fit on stock rims? I read the stock rims may help a little. If I need spacers to clear upper control arms I'll do that as well. Do not jump this bitch, or off road her. Shes my work ***** that only hits the beach a few times a year. Will never be needing full articulation, ever.
Any input greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have them on stock wheels, but have them on a set of 17" Black Rhino wheels. I'd say they will definitely rub on the fender liners and most likely the pinch welds in the front, and potentially the front bumper. Mine is on top perch.

1690953459055.png

OP
OP
PoolManRaptor87

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have them on stock wheels, but have them on a set of 17" Black Rhino wheels. I'd say they will definitely rub on the fender liners and most likely the pinch welds in the front, and potentially the front bumper. Mine is on top perch.

View attachment 418284
Those rims and tires look awesome!
Any idea of the rim offset?
And how close tire is to upper controls arm/upper balljoints possibly?

Greatly appreciate your input!

Planning to flatten pinch welds to be safe. Previous owner already trimmed fender liners so I assume he ran bigger tires at some point.
If I need to trim the bumper I'll do that as well. Not scared to whip out a saw and go to town when needed!

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those rims and tires look awesome!
Any idea of the rim offset?
And how close tire is to upper controls arm/upper balljoints possibly?

Greatly appreciate your input!

Planning to flatten pinch welds to be safe. Previous owner already trimmed fender liners so I assume he ran bigger tires at some point.
If I need to trim the bumper I'll do that as well. Not scared to whip out a saw and go to town when needed!

-19 offset if I remember correctly, but it's been since last year that I put them on. Tons of clearance on the upper control arms and ball joints. The pinch welds you'll definitely want to flatten as they eat up a solid 2" of clearance to the fender well. The issue I've seen using a stock wheel with big tires is that it ends up swinging into the frame or sway bar rather than hitting the fender wheels or bumper. I'm currently changing to ADV +2/+2 front fenders and liners to give a bit more clearance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter