37" tire guidance please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
You are aware that the +2 Deavers will give you 0" of lift, right? The springs are 2" taller (hence the '+2' in the name), but you're removing the stock 2" riser block, so you get a net height gain of 0". Just making sure you know...

Next time just click the 'Watch' link at the top of the thread. That way people who are already subscribed don't get a notification that there's a new post, only to find out that it's just someone who has subscribed to the post...
I did not know that... Now I do. Thanks!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
With the 37s, how is everyone mounting their spare tire? It doesn't fit in the stock location.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
More work and expense to do it correctly than what most say
There's a lot to chew on here... Doing 37s may be beyond my abilities. I really like the way they look though, and the increased volume in the tires, etc would really be nice to have.

I'll keep looking particularly at this guy's videos. He seems like a great resource.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
First, thanks for the help and pointing me to the relevant resources.

Second.... Having thoroughly reviewed most of the relevant "keep it dirty - off road" videos.... Yeah, I'm not going to do it. I don't live in the American Southwest, so it's unlikely that I'll ever have the opportunity to do 100+ mph baja style runs on some of those trails. However, I do want to preserve the ability to jump my truck off stuff and soak up big bumps at speed without ripping off the fenders. It seems that I'd need a full long-travel kit up front *and* big fenders *and* new wheels to fit the long-travel front end kit.... 10K for the front end suspension, 600 for the fenders, 1400 for the tires, 1600-2K for wheels, rack for spares ($??)... Plus installation....

Just a bit too rich for my blood. The whole point of the truck was to have an absurd amount of capability. I'd rather preserve the most extreme end of the capabilities than gain some cool looking chunky tires, and a marginally improved approach/breakover/departure angle. It just costs too much to do it right.

I shall turn my attention to bigger turbos and ****!!!!

Thanks again gents. Appreciate the advice and assistance.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@aircooledTOM I think its important to recognize that the keep it dirty videos were using nitto tires, in a 37 Nitto (as I recall in a 13.5). This is a very large and heavy tire (~79#s). I'm running "37" KO2s and love them so far. They are quite a bit smaller than advertised (35.7" by my tape), and weigh 69#. I've jumped and otherwise pushed the truck very hard offroad with them now. The added rollover and cushion vs the stock 315/70 size was a big improvement IMO. To make them fit I did bend the pinch weld at the firewall, and did some very minor trimming and mods of the fender flare, so if that's not your cup of tea, then fair enough. Depending on your wheels, you may not even need to do the weld mod running these tires.

Good luck with it. raptor.jpg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most 37 fitment issues are related to the wrong offset or big, wide, and heavy 37s. All the BFG 37s on factory wheels or wheels with similar offset are not an issue on a leveled truck.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
@Ryan C and @BoostCreep

Dammit... Stop making it hard for me. I'm okay with bending the welds, though I'd probably need some professional assistance.

I'd be using the stock wheels.... unless I end up with Enkei RPT1s at some point (I'm a huge Enkei RPF1 fanboy, and I love the double spoke look)...

So you're saying that +2.25 springs, and +3 Deavers, and I won't rip off my fenders at speed and full squish?

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha your experience may vary. But on my truck, running 0.75" of front lift on Factory 3.0s, 37" KO2s, +12 offset 9" rims, slot delete that pushes wheels out, I still have my fenders.

Also, for me the pinch weld mod is for when the tires are turned, whereas the trimming on the top inside of the fender flare is for full squish. I did the fender flare trimming with a flap disc on a disc grinder, and also dremmel, while the flares were on the truck. I got a nice angle that way (more clearance where you need), and only trimmed what was going to look alright and make a difference given where the fender liner was at.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan on running the stock wheels with the Ford beadlock kit.
Check to see if it's even legal to run beadlocks on the street. In Ca, it isnt.

If it is legal, you will need to check the bolts very often with a torque wrench. While 37's and beadlocks sound awesome, it's not really that awesome for the street. Unless you off-road every weekend or a couple of times a month, it's not worth it.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
@Donmatteo yeah, from my reading of the PA vehicle codes, it's legal as long as it's a DOT approved tire. My local stealership refused to install the rings because they wouldn't issue a sticker. They really suck though, they wouldn't install my foglight kit either.

I've since reached out to other shops... I'm assured I'd be able to get an inspection sticker.