37" tire guidance please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,

With my current tune, I've roasted my back tires a bit. I'm considering replacing them (and upgrading the fronts) with 37s. I plan on running the stock wheels with the Ford beadlock kit.

I don't desire a ton of "lift" but I'd like to fit the tires and have no rub day to day... I'm OK with a little rub off-road or at full articulation. I rarely tow and when I do it's an 18 ft sailboat that probably only weighs 2000lbs.

What are my options? I've seen so many different setups on here, it's dizzying. As always, I appreciate the help.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For on road you can do 37s with any normal collar or lift springs in the front if you keep the stock offset like you mentioned. Mild trimming of the fender liner is all that's needed. Don't necessarily need to do the rear to fit 37s but upgraded leafs would be good for towing. The rears can rub on the fender flare bolts if you compress enough.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
For on road you can do 37s with any normal collar or lift springs in the front if you keep the stock offset like you mentioned. Mild trimming of the fender liner is all that's needed. Don't necessarily need to do the rear to fit 37s but upgraded leafs would be good for towing. The rears can rub on the fender flare bolts if you compress enough.
So you're saying something like the eibach springs +2.5 inches and conceivably nothing in the rear and I'd be good?

I'd probably do +2 deavers in the rear. I'm looking for as little lift as possible while keeping the rub to a minimum.

I want to retain the ride and handling characteristics as much as possible. I semi-daily drive this thing, but it is not my only ride.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
I am on 37s with factory wheels. Truck has new springs front and rear. Only had it for 2 days, but have not heard any rubbing.

You seem to have a bit more lift than I'm looking for. Do you know what you're running? I'm looking for less, that's why I'm asking....

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying something like the eibach springs +2.5 inches and conceivably nothing in the rear and I'd be good?

I'd probably do +2 deavers in the rear. I'm looking for as little lift as possible while keeping the rub to a minimum.

I want to retain the ride and handling characteristics as much as possible. I semi-daily drive this thing, but it is not my only ride.
Yep you would be good with that. I had a 1.75" lift collar and that was enough.

Yes you can go off road. Yes it's not as capable as before. Truck has enough power where gearing isn't a must. Have done 10 hour road trips at 85 with no problems yet. But sure of course is there any real, non-aesthetic benefit other than compensating, no. :)

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
Do you like going off-road, or do you just street your Raptor?
I do some limited off road stuff. And I take it to the beach occasionally. I'm not likely to do much desert blasting type of stuff as I live in southeast PA. Ideally I'd like to keep the ability to articulate at low speeds for some of the trails around the PA coal country...

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
Yep you would be good with that. I had a 1.75" lift collar and that was enough.

Yes you can go off road. Yes it's not as capable as before. Truck has enough power where gearing isn't a must. Have done 10 hour road trips at 85 with no problems yet. But sure of course is there any real, non-aesthetic benefit other than compensating, no. :)
I mean, theoretically, there's slightly improved approach, breakover, departure angles...

I'm not worried about slowing it down too much, the tune on it really rips... and I'm planning a bit more on that department over the winter.

Thanks for the input.