37" tire guidance please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokey

Reaction score
i'm running a Vision wheel, 17x9 (12 offset) with 37" BFG KM3's, Eibach front springs and Deaver HD rears. other than some very minor trimming at the back of the front fenders, they fit and perform great! i had to trim the plastic liner and a little bit of fiberglass and aluminum; looking at it, you can't even tell it's been cut. from Moab rocks to gulf coast beach running to east coast forest trails, i've only noticed a minor rub front and rear at full compression.

to address the re-gear question, i'm factory geared with COBB / Goosetuned custom 91 tune. with 37's and a bed full of spares and gear, my truck is still faster than a stock Jenny. IMHO, it actually drives and handles far better than a stock truck.

*to be fair, i haven't launched the truck off a "full send" jump like it's the general lee but that's not generally something i do anyway. i'll put air under it... but in the end, this is my daily.

IMG_1666.jpgIMG_1234.jpg

6386C58B-6D35-4EE7-8686-94F78A08AAFE.JPGIMG_1007.jpg

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
@Smokey That's really mean looking. That's exactly the kinda thing I'm going for. And I don't intend to "general lee" my truck off anything, but I do want the option to enjoy nearly full compression at speed. I really appreciate the feedback.

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reviving this thread... torn between 37x12.5 or 37x13.5 for my new TE37 wheels! any feedback guys? the wheels are 18x9 00 ofset

truck is on eibachs up front and currently stock rear. will be putting icon +2 once they get me from their backorder smh

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reviving this thread... torn between 37x12.5 or 37x13.5 for my new TE37 wheels! any feedback guys? the wheels are 18x9 00 ofset

truck is on eibachs up front and currently stock rear. will be putting icon +2 once they get me from their backorder smh
I have 13.5s on my TE37s. I think I'd prefer the 12.5s but 13.5s are fine too. I have modified front fenders though. Trimmed and push back some.
20210926_091642.jpg

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@snt505 thank you so much man, that helps a lot. have gold TEs to go on... i have the ADD pro bolt on v1, think with 12.5 i wouldn't need much trim work?
Ehhh tough to say. I've had a few 37" setups all with essentially 1.75" added up front and then icon stage 1 in the rear.

• 37x12.5 Yokohama MTs on +18mm offset. This required some very minor trimming of the corner of the fender liner. Fine for the street and lighter off road. I did rip the bottom of a rear flare off before I got my icons. Tire caught the bolt head and broke off the flare. Installed Icons soon after. The icons again give you more room but if you tuck the tires at high speed, the same can still happen.
  • 37x12.5 Yokohama MTs on stock offset. Probably the same trimming needed but more room to play. Fine for the street and more off road opportunities. Still slower trails not jumping etc.
  • 37x13.5 BFG KM3s with the TEs (-1 offset). My front fenders were already modified by the time this was done and probably the most confidence I have had on any setup. BFGs actually measure around 0.5 inches smaller than the Yokohamas and some others so that helps all around.

I think for the street 37x12.5 with the TEs would require some lighter trimming and you can probably still expect to rub maybe some awkward steep driveways or whatever. But I think 37x12.5 with that offset (0 or -1) is not uncommon around here anymore.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if it's even legal to run beadlocks on the street. In Ca, it isnt.

If it is legal, you will need to check the bolts very often with a torque wrench. While 37's and beadlocks sound awesome, it's not really that awesome for the street. Unless you off-road every weekend or a couple of times a month, it's not worth it.

Beadlock wheels have been a non-issue for me thus far. I have only checked it twice in the first month I had them put on, since I wanted to be extra careful. However, I think it's easy enough to monitor the tire pressures from the dash to see if there was any slow leak, which would kind of point to possibly loose bolts on the beadlock ring. When I did recheck it, they were all basically at the torque I originally set them at.

Only main drawback of the beadlocks to me so far imo is the extra rotational mass/weight. Nothing noticeable when you're driving, but it's just something that I know is there in my mind. I come from the car world, so a few lbs on a wheel makes more of a difference in feel there.