37" tire guidance please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, theoretically, there's slightly improved approach, breakover, departure angles...

I'm not worried about slowing it down too much, the tune on it really rips... and I'm planning a bit more on that department over the winter.

Thanks for the input.
Yeah exactly. I can't go back to 35s I don't think. You'll be good.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
No idea on the gears yet. Only had the truck 48 hours. Spent today removing the raptor stickers, applying 2 coats of wax then ceramic spray.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, theoretically, there's slightly improved approach, breakover, departure angles...

I'm not worried about slowing it down too much, the tune on it really rips... and I'm planning a bit more on that department over the winter.

Thanks for the input.
My factory tires rub the liners on my stock 2019 suspension when I do trips in Nevada. It all depends on what your doing. That theoretical improved approach,break over and departure angle doesn’t mean crap when you can’t go over 10mph off-road In the desert. I think 37’s on a Gen2 benefits don’t overcome hacking and hammering on your rig.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
My factory tires rub the liners on my stock 2019 suspension when I do trips in Nevada. It all depends on what your doing. That theoretical improved approach,break over and departure angle doesn’t mean crap when you can’t go over 10mph off-road In the desert. I think 37’s on a Gen2 benefits don’t overcome hacking and hammering on your rig.
Thanks. That's valuable input.

I guess I'm asking what I need do to retain the usability and not create a ****-show....

I'm keenly interested in more volume (air) and more angles...

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t mind slowing it down off-road and trimming fender wells, you may be fine; but don’t expect to get all the “Raptor type” performance that this truck was built for, unless you spend more money than what I saw you have planned. Watch the video mchurch0211 posted. Good info and good luck.

I really wanted 37’s for a while, but after researching, I decided that would need to wait till my Raptor is no longer my daily driver. When it goes to being “extra toy” status and I get a car for work, there’s at least another $14k-$15k I need to put in it for it to get 37’s slapped on, because I do push it off-road every once in a while.

OP
OP
aircooledTOM

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
If you don’t mind slowing it down off-road and trimming fender wells, you may be fine; but don’t expect to get all the “Raptor type” performance that this truck was built for, unless you spend more money than what I saw you have planned. Watch the video mchurch0211 posted. Good info and good luck.

I really wanted 37’s for a while, but after researching, I decided that would need to wait till my Raptor is no longer my daily driver. When it goes to being “extra toy” status and I get a car for work, there’s at least another $14k-$15k I need to put in it for it to get 37’s slapped on, because I do push it off-road every once in a while.
That's a super helpful perspective. I may have additional questions after I watch the aforementioned video.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did eibachs and deavers because my suspension was tired. I have been looking at 37s since June…the aesthetics are great, another inch of ground clearance, yeah, whatever!, wait I need a spare, another 500, at least I have a bed rack to carry it, minor trim and 99% of the time I don’t need to worry about rub, but then there is the day off road when I can rip it and then what, I don’t or I break stuff, need a tune to compensate for the power loss, wear and tear on front suspension, personally, I can’t get over the negatives to pull the trigger.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably do +2 deavers in the rear. I'm looking for as little lift as possible while keeping the rub to a minimum.
You are aware that the +2 Deavers will give you 0" of lift, right? The springs are 2" taller (hence the '+2' in the name), but you're removing the stock 2" riser block, so you get a net height gain of 0". Just making sure you know...

Subscribed.
Next time just click the 'Watch' link at the top of the thread. That way people who are already subscribed don't get a notification that there's a new post, only to find out that it's just someone who has subscribed to the post...