Would you Buy a 2022 Base Raptor....

Are you a buyer of a 2022 Raptor (base with torsen) less than 1k misc options at MSRP?

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other (explain in comments please)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
In all honesty I had never looked at the list of features so I was a bit surprised. Base still has LED and memory seats. Missing a few important things I like. It definitely is a pretty well optioned truck.

Even on Gen 2 Raptors the base trucks used were not far off price of an 802. I believe it has more to do with many used buyers and even selling dealerships not knowing differences. Best of luck all.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that’s some toxic thinking, but hey that Fiesta must be nice. I’ll throw you a Raptor wave at the stop light.
Yep, the obviously self-deprecating point there is that I can't say much driving a Fiesta in the interim. I don't get spending $65k on a truck and not spending the $15k more for the options. I've always approached buying new vehicles from the standpoint that if you can't afford the loaded version then maybe it's not the right vehicle. To each their own, but I can't imagine buying a Raptor and knowing I skipped the tech, comfort, and convenience options for 15-20% more.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the obviously self-deprecating point there is that I can't say much driving a Fiesta in the interim. I don't get spending $65k on a truck and not spending the $15k more for the options. I've always approached buying new vehicles from the standpoint that if you can't afford the loaded version then maybe it's not the right vehicle. To each their own, but I can't imagine buying a Raptor and knowing I skipped the tech, comfort, and convenience options for 15-20% more.
Hey your opinion man, enjoy your truck if you ever get it. I’ll enjoy driving my Raptor in the interim until my 37 gets built - but sadly neither will have every option, so still pointless.

recurve69

Reaction score
Its been said to each his/her own. The only possible issue with purchasing a base and then modding it is when you go to sell it some people get really spooky about a heavily modded truck and will not touch it.
Again do what you need to do.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with affording it and I probably agree with you in a road vehicle. The Raptor is a high speed off-road vehicle, so anyone buying the Raptor to use it for what it was made for, which seems to be becoming the minority around here, is just wasting money on most of those extra features. As I mentioned in my earlier post, most of them are completely useless off-road. If you are paying extra money to get a street truck that looks cool, sure, load it up. If you really run your Raptor, why waste money on things that are truly 100% useless.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing the base truck doesn't have that I'd want is the tailgate applique. It would be nice to have the upgraded headlights but at least it doesn't come with halogens.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing the base truck doesn't have that I'd want is the tailgate applique. It would be nice to have the upgraded headlights but at least it doesn't come with halogens.
Torsen here. I would say I need it, but really I want it. Big display? I’d give it up in a minute. Android auto has never worked for beans. Push button start? I’d pay extra for a key. Heated seats and remote start? I love ‘em. So call me a hypocrite. Aren’t we all?