R Alternatives - What would you consider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I placed a 7.18.22 R order and was 3rd on my dealer's list, with 2 delivered to-date (they only rec'd 2 allocations for '23).

As I've waited for the last year, I've thought a lot about trying to pick the car I would actually buy at a reasonable R ADM price.

Not knocking people who jumped for ADMs, I'm just posting what I'd buy in the 135k-150k range as I've waited over the course of the last 13+ months.

In my case I'd jump for a fully loaded RS6 Avant - Wife approval (good for kiddos & family), Capable AWD, ton of fun. A lot of the boxes my R will (eventually) check!

Would be cool to see if others have done this and what would be considered...

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
In my case I'd jump for a fully loaded RS6 Avant - Wife approval (good for kiddos & family), Capable AWD, ton of fun. A lot of the boxes my R will (eventually) check!
Except it's a station wagon anyway you cut it (albeit fast one). Don't think much could compare to an R except another truck. Now what you should do is convince your WIFE to get the RS6 Avant so she would look cool in it and you buck up for R. Now THAT would be a good combo...

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who has owned GTRs, ZL1s, 300ZXs etc.. He says his RS6 Wagon is the best thing he has owned. He is at 700wheel and says its absurd. With the capabilities of that thing, you won't be unhappy.

Do you still have your GEN 2?