New Member DMV area, looking to get into a new Raptor or Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mattyboh

Reaction score
I have a friend who ordered a Z06 at one of those big Corvette msrp dealerships, I think he is number 1,768 in line now.

It doesn’t work like that for the R. Most dealers won’t even get one, even high volume Raptor dealers get less than 5 a year. Those dealers also happen to be the most greedy.

Impossible no, highly unlikely yes. I’ve personally called 40-50 dealerships, still haven’t found one that actually has an allocation willing to take less than 20k over.

With that said, you might go test drive a regular Raptor. I’m betting you’ll find it fun to drive without having a V8.
Thanks, this is good to know. Definitely a different process. I did the same for my previous Vettes and the Z.

Yeah, I plan to test drive the regular Raptor and see how it fits. 35s are totally fine for me. They seem like a ton of fun. I've had Tacos and 4Runners and enjoy the trails and beaches but both of those are capable but just not very fun.

I see Z's going anywhere from 30 to 70 over so wondering if there's some world where the Z goes in on trade for an R and the ADMs cancel out or are positive on my side and I get cash out too since my MSRP is higher.

OP
OP
M

mattyboh

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, Rs cannot be had for MSRP no matter where you look. I good deal would be +$20k ADM.

Would love more pics of your Z06!
Thanks, good to know. Here's a few shots, with a bonus of my buddy's GT. It's been a pain in the ass to own so far but got some high end wheels and CF bits to spice it up some on the way.

DSC_5557.png
IMG_4624.jpeg
IMG_4623.jpeg
IMG_4620.jpeg
05441585-AFEA-4119-BC8A-4C154E57463B.jpg

OP
OP
M

mattyboh

Reaction score
Nice! Spent a lot of time in Accokeek, and fled the grotesque overcrowding of the DMV in ’20.

Good luck landing a Rap in the DMV, I strongly suggest driving a good ways before looking, all of the urban and suburban DMV stealerships are way too proud of the Rap.
I got mine at Shenandoah; now Luray Ford.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out! Planning to get away from the overcrowding at some point...originally from Indian Head and Hughesville area but personal and job ties still too strong.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It doesn’t work like that for the R. Most dealers won’t even get one, even high volume Raptor dealers get less than 5 a year. Those dealers also happen to be the most greedy.
It’s also been a time honored “Raptor Tax” tradition that high volume stealers will hire brokers to purchase Raptors from low cost dealers at MSRP or just over, then tack on 10-30 thousand dollars over charge. Ever wonder how one Stealership can acquired 30 Raptors? No dealer gets that many allocations from Ford.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out! Planning to get away from the overcrowding at some point...originally from Indian Head and Hughesville area but personal and job ties still too strong.
I spent a few years in Indian Head, was there for the magazine explosion in the 2000’s. Many, many moons ago, we used to run a power line right of way off the road next to Southern Maryland Hospital; Surrats Road. Some decent land was back there, but I’m sure it’s been plowed over with townhouses by now.

Definitely don’t put off the move to less crowded area of your choice. The grass really is greener, the pastures full of whoops, sand ready for 4 wheeling, the .gov is not crawling up your bee-hind for every little thing you do.

Want a shed? build it. Want a garage? build it. Want the Garage Mahal ? build it. No admin fees, no permits to pull. Want to go to Walmart? it takes 15 minutes total, not 15 minutes + 15 in the parking lot circling for a space to park.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter