R Alternatives - What would you consider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like the look of the defender, both old and new. Tried talking my wife into trading her Cayenne GTS for one but she likes the Porsche.
Well.. the Pcar is probably paid off, so I understand not wanting another liability.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
If I were you, I would keep the 37pp and get a 911. You could get a new 992 911 for under $150k and they have 4 seats. I looked at the avant and also looked at the panamera turbo s sport turismo....I did a ton of research on them and talked to several who had them. I discovered that most that jumped into that performance station wagon market, loved it for the first year or so but then it wore off.
It's hard to replace a truck...I'm always hauling stuff and use the truck constantly. Believe me...I've tried to talk myself into condensing down to one do everything car/suv but when it comes down to it, a truck is just nice to have. But it is fun to have another car for days when you just want something different. The 911 is a timeless car that handles like no other and will always hold its value. Just my opinion of course :). Any way you go...you won't be wrong! Have fun!
Honestly the 911 definitely speaks to my heart and a manual transmission is a MAJOR + for me. I certainly agree that this scenario requires keeping the truck, the Avant gives me more of an argument to replace the truck, but agree that the first messy beach trip / home depot trip would kill me inside. I just can't replace the truck with an Avant, I'd really have to add it to the driveway. And since this is the case the 911 is a major consideration.

juice

Reaction score
If the TRX had rwd ; I’d have had one a long time ago. Waited for R prices to get to 20k over and jumped on it.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked by the responses on sports cars. You mofos don't need a truck, so why are you getting something that's inferior in almost every category ?

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I signed up for this Raptor Forum I thought it was for people that loved their Ford Raptors, and had a loyalty to the Ford brand. Lately I’ve been thinking it should be renamed “Impressive Vehicles to make your neighbors envious”, or just “The One-Upsmanship Forum”. I realize that may not be fair to many others here, but it does fit many of the more conspicuous consumers. Maybe if there were $100k ADMs our Trucks would be even more exclusive?

I’ve been a Motorhead all my life, even when it meant you had to build your own Hot Rod, Truck or whatever in order to stand out, or go faster than someone else. Then Barrett Jackson and insane $$$ hit the hobby, and guys that didn’t know a flat head from a Hemi, nor had any clue about anything automotive, other than that “as long as it was expensive, it had to be good” ruined the old car hobby for many. I guess it’s all just “stuff” to some, and the more expensive, the better. Too bad! Sorry for my venting, but it’s my opinion, and yours may vary.
I see it too. You'll find a lot of these dudes really should be in EVs