6.2 What the hell do I do with....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a guy that has a traveling Dino but would need a garonteed amount wanting it done I've thought about trr

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those who have done dynos and custom tunes, do you have any experience you could share? This would be my first time getting a custom tune and a dyno. Any thing I should be asking or be aware of?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make it a safe tune! You don't want to push it if you want it to last.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Tune it for e-30 although you don't need to tune it for e-30 to use e-30.:e30: rocks

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here's an update.

The check engine light was on.
The dealer fixed some burnt wiring.
I took the truck to National Speed, They did a custom tune, dyno'ed the truck and replaced the secondary O2 wire extension.

First of, the National Speed custom tune is bad ass.I love it. It cut the drone from the exhaust in half. The shift points arnt the same as 5Star. They are about between them and stock. On a cold start, the engine will rev. Like stock, whereas on the 5Star it barks and kicks down to low idle. The throttle response is still there. I'm really digging it.

After the wiring fixes, I still had a check engine light, saying bank 2 sensor 2 was bad. That's the rear driver side O2 sensor. I replaced it last night. Drove it around for a bit, and no light. About a mile or so from the house this morning, it came on.

This time with a P2272 code. O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean, Bank 2 Sensor 2.
I know the wiring is good and the sensor is good. I'll call NS later today to see what they can recommend. But I did notice that the driver side exhaust has some black soot leaking out of it down stream of the cat, whereas the passenger side is clean. Don't know if that would be related or not.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What dose NS use for a tuner usually. What I don't get is I never even had a tune for the first two month I ran headers and my CIA never had a light turn on. ?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So did you ask them what they recommend for a tuner? I think they are basically the same but advantages with some. When you have a costume tune you can't change it. Did you? I wanted to update mine and I have to take it back or it's not costume anymore. Plus the truck still learns driving habit. Mening if you ***** foot it you have to put the hammer down a few times before it will shift differently.