What did I do wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I attempted midperch today, but once I had the spring compressed and used the ratchet strap and jack to lift the compressing spring away from the collar and removed the set screw, no matter what I did that collar wouldn’t move! Rubber mallet, steel mallet with a towel over it, tried twisting, moving the position of the two spring compressors, but no dice. Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I just included a picture in case anyone could see anything out of place.IMG_0189.jpeg

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Yeah I know, that photo was before I compressed it, I didn’t think to get a pic while it was compressed

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
It’s not bunched up, I looked and everything looks good and I washed the shock and still nothing

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corrosion will bond anything to anything. I still think trying to stuff 2 spring compressors in there is sketcky. I ended up using a Branick (the wall mounted style) and still needed to stuff 2 of those spring compressors to slowly, safely, break the original shocks loose on a 2011 with 148xxx miles. The top 13mm nut was seized up too.