6.2 What the hell do I do with....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As far as the tuner that'd be more of user preference. They all get the job done. Some are just fancier than others

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always had issues with the down stream o2 sensor. That's why everyone turns them off. As far as the leak that could be causing your problems. When that side of the exhaust is mostly on the intake stroke of piston travel the exhaust will actually suck fresh air. It will also throw a code if your flanges at the heads are leaking, or if your up stream o2 sensor is bad it will get confused and say the down stream o2 is lean. Jut because it says it's lean don't mean that o2 sensor is bad. It's just thinks it's lean. Wish you would have brought this up sat!!!!! If you had it on the dyno they should have been able to tell if it was lean. What air fuel ratio did they tune to? Call me or text me if ya want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, This weekend it was only an 02 sensor fault. So I had one with me, but didn't get a change to replace it until last night.
The fault code went away, but the lean code stayed.

I'll try to tighten that clamp and maybe change the sensors around to see if that clears it.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried to take apart the header to exhaust pipe joints this weekend. Didn't have much success. The back half of the exhaust is welded. So out didn't move much. Although in the driver side I was able to get done movement. I put the gold rtv around the joints. Hope it stops the leaks.

As a plus, I did black out the exhaust trips. And wrapped the starter.

uploadfromtaptalk1399255042966.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399255059243.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399255103924.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399255147316.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399255163381.jpg

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if they are not welded you can't hardly get them apart. I had to pay an exhaust place to get my cats off and they gouged them must of had a pipe wrench on them.

bsimms89

Reaction score
Well still no truck.... :'(
Mike is having trouble with the install. I guess the havoc mud is reeking havoc on the install.
The oil dip stick tube broke.
As of yesterday afternoon they were just getting the driver side head on.

In a way I'm glad I didn't take on the install, if guys who have done this before are having trouble, I'd be having more.

I need my truck back soon so I can get the tires swapped and a few things done for the snoball prerun. And we leave Friday morning for Pittsburgh. Yikes!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but I have to say the thing giving me the hardest time with this install is getting the damn dipstick tube out, trying not to break it. I've got the drivers side installed, engine raised, motor mount unbolted, manifold out, studs out, just need to get this damn dipstick tube off to then put the passenger header in. I've been at it with PB blaster, a wire brush and a pick for an hour trying to get all the rust I can off where it goes into the bloc, but I still cant get the damn tube to budge.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you read through @Rookie's installation thread?

Here you go, found it.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/index.php?posts/611425

I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but I have to say the thing giving me the hardest time with this install is getting the damn dipstick tube out, trying not to break it. I've got the drivers side installed, engine raised, motor mount unbolted, manifold out, studs out, just need to get this damn dipstick tube off to then put the passenger header in. I've been at it with PB blaster, a wire brush and a pick for an hour trying to get all the rust I can off where it goes into the bloc, but I still cant get the damn tube to budge.

@Yukon Joe

Last edited:

bsimms89

Reaction score
I’ve read that and all of it is going smoothe, just can’t get the dipstick tune out, just need to get it out so I can get the header in. I didn’t need to remove it to get the manifold out, but I need to go get the flange of the header against the motor. It’s just stuck in there really good