TRX goes boom, Raptor saves the day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Anyone else remember at the TRX reveal when the guy said they never had one break down at their exclusive AZ off-road track? Lol yea, so much for that... there are reasons why they never brought the TRX to Baja...

The real question is what are the chances that you and I drop off a TRX in limp mode covered in mud/dirt at a dealership and Ram covers everything under warranty? Lol Ben Hardy’s YouTube channel will likely save him from any denied warranty problems: the optics of the above video does not look good, even more so if they try and deny his warranty.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in Feb of 2016 Ford ran their pre production/lightly modified for race use Gen 2 in all of these races:

Parker 425, Parker, Ariz., Feb. 4-7

Mint 400, Las Vegas, March 10-14

Laughlin Desert Classic, Laughlin, Nevada, May 5

Vegas to Reno, Nevada, Aug. 17-20

Bluewater Challenge, Parker, Arizona, Sept. 10-Oct. 6

Pahrump Nugget 250, Pahrump, Nevada, Dec. 1-4

And of course the Baja 1000 (including the drive down and back up from AZ).

What race has Ram put the TRX in, before and/or after production? None.

I’m sure Ford will continue with the 3rd Gen competing in races this year, including the Baja 1000 this fall.

I guess exhaust noise and launch control for the street isn’t the only thing that matters in a high speed off road truck.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else remember at the TRX reveal when the guy said they never had one break down at their exclusive AZ off-road track? Lol yea, so much for that... there are reasons why they never brought the TRX to Baja...

The real question is what are the chances that you and I drop off a TRX in limp mode covered in mud/dirt at a dealership and Ram covers everything under warranty? Lol Ben Hardy’s YouTube channel will likely save him from any denied warranty problems: the optics of the above video does not look good, even more so if they try and deny his warranty.
It'd be even worse if he goes back to the Raptor early because of TRX issues. Anyone else starting to see the irony in the TRX eats Raptor Easter eggs? Maybe the new Gen 3 Raptors should have an Easter egg of a Raptor pulling a TRX out of a tar pit.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like he just posted a follow-up video.

Synopsis, sounds like he popped a transmission cooler line and dumped his transmission fluid. He only described it as "popped a transmission line". Ram sent a rep to the dealer the next morning to document it and they are getting him a new transmission within a couple of days.

Last edited: