TRX goes boom, Raptor saves the day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 reasons why I dont like (dodge) ram...

Shape (bulgy pig)
Engine choice (v8 only)
Quality (poor - consistently)
Poor resale value (lowest -mostly wholesaled)
Poor R&D (hellcat everything)
Engineering (10 yrs behind)
Fuel economy (sucks)
Advertising (cheap tricks)
Brand value (fiat, stellantis who's next)
Design (out dated)

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the front differential will be the major problem on these. It looks like several owners have completely exploded the front differential case already. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding only the rear axle was upgraded to a full float dana 60 and nothing was done to the front dif. If they are running the same dif they are in the standard truck there is no way that thing will survive with 700hp. I'd be willing to bet they were even having trouble getting the dana 60 to live in 2wd and the truck only has full-time 4wd to help distribute the load. Why else would they do that, it makes the fuel mileage even worse too.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor paired with a ZF :banana-mario:

What does the 7.3 Superduty utilize trans wise? Will the 10 speed or dual clutch in the GT500 survive behind a Predator motor in a heavy/off road duty truck? Probably the dilemma Ford is working and testing now.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What does the 7.3 Superduty utilize trans wise? Will the 10 speed or dual clutch in the GT500 survive behind a Predator motor in a heavy/off road duty truck? Probably the dilemma Ford is working and testing now.

Probably a version of the F250 trans like you mentioned... I don't see a dual clutch handling the power and/or off road abuse. @FordTechOne probably knows what would fit the bill better than me.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dual clutch will handle the power...ask Ferrari Lamborghini and Porsche.

Never seen one of those off road with 35's or 37's but I'll have to take your word for it ;) jokes aside I'm sure some of the offroad race trucks would use DCT if it could hold up to the abuse.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My point is power from a motor for a DCT is not an issue.

But I think you are over thinking this....I doubt they would go away from the 10 speed, that trans can handle a lot more that than the 3.5TT gives it and Ford isnt looking to save fractions of seconds to run sub 7 on the 14 mile Ring runs by shifting faster...like P did ith this new beast.